vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What makes a good hide IMHO

Great Thread, Thumbs up!

I agree, with every thing you said brdad. I would like to add that I'm a big believer of caches that take you somewhere. A 1/4 walk down a lousy trail to a cache covered with a couple sticks is no where as interesitng to me as a 1 mile trail to a #3 or 4 hide at a spot with a fabulous view, or a 5 minuet walk to a train with a #1 hide, HeHeHe.
    When I plan a cache I try to make them "worth while" not easy.
    I would like to propose a new listing on caches (CTTYS) Caches That Take You Somewhere. John

I have often thought about these since we have wanted to place a cache.
    I really want to place one where I can easily check on it and I dont want to just throw one out just to say I did.
    I have scouted a couple spots and just recently placed a micro for the Dalmations series today and will see how this one goes.
    I really enjoy doing this and will be placing a regular one soon with some TB and Coins I have logged over the last couple weeks.
    If anything comes up with this I will certainly post here for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoamdezinahs
    I would like to add that I'm a big believer of caches that take you somewhere. A 1/4 walk down a lousy trail to a cache covered with a couple sticks is no where as interesitng to me as a 1 mile trail to a #3 or 4 hide at a spot with a fabulous view, or a 5 minuet walk to a train with a #1 hide, HeHeHe.
    I would get bored if each cache I did took me on a hike down a nice trail. I do like those, especially if they lead me to a waterfall, but I like variation. I like going out to do a few caches in a day and having some take me for a hike, some show me a view, some challenge me, and I don't even mind if one is the dreaded"guard rail micro" LOL

I try to do different things with my caches. Some are easy park and grabs, some are so hard to find you might be there an hour(or more), and some are just meant to be fun. I think it all comes down to the fact that this hobby(sport?) has something for everyone and that is one of my favorite things about it.

Brdads' set of guidlines are something every newby should read before placing a cache.