vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A monster is eating my mountain

Number Seven and myself were all over the mountain sunday.A great day for a hike,nice weather and good visability.A lot of cutting has been done in the last week and I must admit over all it looks pretty good.We even went over to where they cut two years ago and I paid close attention to the ground conditions.There is a good ground cover started and not a lot of erosion problems.

There is a large crop of spruce cones this year and we observed a flock of crossbills taken advantage of them.No sign of the elusive golden crown kinglets that we been looking for.Probaly to warm to bring them down from Canada.Flushed only one partridge this trip where as in past trips we've been seeing a dozen or more.

A lot needs to be said about a group like ours that can discuss controversial issues in a responsible matter.Congrats to all.

I made the mistake yesterday of saying to Number Seven "we need to cut these trees that are blocking our view".I know my big mouth friend well enough to know if I don't tell you he will be posting a note on this thread.So I'm just beating him to the punch.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    . . .
    A lot needs to be said about a group like ours that can discuss controversial issues in a responsible matter.Congrats to all.
    . . .
    Very true . . . now if others could just do the same. As I have said to many folks I have met in life . . . we can always agree to disagree with each other.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Number Seven and myself were all over the mountain sunday.A great day for a hike,nice weather and good visability.A lot of cutting has been done in the last week and I must admit over all it looks pretty good.We even went over to where they cut two years ago and I paid close attention to the ground conditions.There is a good ground cover started and not a lot of erosion problems.

There is a large crop of spruce cones this year and we observed a flock of crossbills taken advantage of them.No sign of the elusive golden crown kinglets that we been looking for.Probaly to warm to bring them down from Canada.Flushed only one partridge this trip where as in past trips we've been seeing a dozen or more.

I made the mistake yesterday of saying to Number Seven "we need to cut these trees that are blocking our view".I know my big mouth friend well enough to know if I don't tell you he will be posting a note on this thread.So I'm just beating him to the punch.
    It must have been good while you were out and about to see what you did. Hopefully it will ease some of the frustration for you. The weather was absolutely gorgeous! A great day to be at the beaches as well.

This has been a great discussion - very enlightening, educational, respectful!
    ~ Beach Comber ~