vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RE: Computer help needed

d’76 Guest

I told you Jake that looking at all those types of websites was going to catch up with you

I'm still being stymied and desperately need help.

I don't know if I'm explaining my problem well enough so I'll attempt to walk you smarter folks through a typical problem.

I type in www.brookingssmith.com for example and I am brought to the website. However, when I attempt to click on the "obituaries" link nothing happens . . . no redirection.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I'm still being stymied and desperately need help.

I don't know if I'm explaining my problem well enough so I'll attempt to walk you smarter folks through a typical problem.

I type in www.brookingssmith.com for example and I am brought to the website. However, when I attempt to click on the "obituaries" link nothing happens . . . no redirection.
    Sounds like the link is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    But it doesn't bring me to another page that says something to that effect . . . it just does nothing. Nothing pops up on the page, nothing is loaded, nothing changes . . . plus I can bring this up at my work computer with no problems.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I just tried the link and it worked for me, you might try clearing your temp files and cookies

FFJ, Are you running both NAV firewall and Windows XP firewall? If so try turning off the Windows XP firewall and see if you can follow the links.

Try using Netscape Or Try this link: http://support.microsoft.com/ you may have to enter it manually . . . lol
    The Adventure
    Continues . . . .

- Zoltarus

Default I'm with Haffy

We here too have been using AVG Free for years on all our computers. Nothing has ever sneaked by it. I've never tried any others because I didn't need too. But I'm sure that it's just one of many reliable AV softwares available. Good luck Jake.
    Happy Trails!

Default Oh my word...

Sudy, you are hilarious. I don't think anyone else caught that. Thanks for the laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Norton 2005
    Try turning your norton anti virus off and see if it works. It's it either Norton or Macafee, I can not remember witch one. I does weird things depending on how the pages and images are titled.
    Blazing Troll