vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh No!!

Angry Oh No!!

I thought I would share this with you all.. I just saw this!!

I haven't gone caching in a while, but it looks like I better get to it!!

Angry Oh no is right!

We should rally and prevent it - that blasted government! Yet another reason that validates my choice not to vote for W !!!

I think there would have to be a very big crisis for the government to shut down GPS signals to the entire US.

Instead of degrading the signal now, they can shut off signals to a certian area at threat, like a city or section of a state. This would be a lot more likely, and it probably would not be for very long.

I've heard they do a lot of testing of these capabilities, the only place in Maine I know of is in Waterville, I beleive it's near where an old steam train is.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    I've heard they do a lot of testing of these capabilities, the only place in Maine I know of is in Waterville, I beleive it's near where an old steam train is.
    He he heh...

Considering the array of people, companies, towns, cities, and states that use this as part of their daily schedule, I find it highly unlikely that this will happen to such an extreme that caching would be affected. If it does, then we'll move to maps. WaldenRun does it, we can too!

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    We should rally and prevent it - that blasted government! Yet another reason that validates my choice not to vote for W !!!
    Lets PLEASE keep polkitics out of these forums, PLEASE.

And the proposal makes PERFECT sense. As one who knows, let me assure you that the US Government has plans for things you wouldn't dream of.

Deal with it. Sometimes it's necessary.

Having said that, so you REALLy expect that it would be used except in extreme circumstances?

Sheesh!

Red face

I actually thought that the Prez had disabled the system around the time of the political conventions. Literally, one minute our GPS was working, and the next minute it couldn't find any satellites! Turned out that our ancient GPS had given up the ghost, not the system......

Red face We're all entitled - comment was IMHO.....

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Lets PLEASE keep polkitics out of these forums, PLEASE.

And the proposal makes PERFECT sense. As one who knows, let me assure you that the US Government has plans for things you wouldn't dream of.

Deal with it. Sometimes it's necessary.

Having said that, so you REALLy expect that it would be used except in extreme circumstances?

Sheesh!
    Chill

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    I KNEW it! Why else would I have had to look so many times before I finally found the thing! LOL Are you in cahoots with the government brdad?
    Last edited by Beach Comber; 12-16-2004 at 09:58 AM.

[QUOTE=Beach Comber]Chill

I'm sorry. Ignorant people upset me.

I'm back to being my normal easy going, tolerant, old self again.

Question By-gons please

OK OK, You two kiss amd make up before this gets ugly.

Smile Christmas spirit!

'Tis the season to be jolly!!