vb:literal>

Page 82 of 148 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is This?

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    She tried setting a TB loose as a test before placing a cache, and it turned up missing very soon.
    So it's going to be even harder for anyone to convince her to place a cache now.

Understandably. 4-5 out of my 9 TB's have been inactive for over 8 months and 3 for 3 geocoins have been missing since visiting only 1 or 2 caches, 2 of them went missing after only being picked up once. I personally will never but out another TB or geo-coin and I'm still debating if I should put out the coin that Cache Maine dedicated to us or keep it. Seems someone else will just steal it if I put it out. Fortunately, only one of my geocaches has gone missing, and I replaced it and have had no issues with it.

Someone out there must have a huge collection of geo-coins and jeeps as these things disappear from action within a very, very short time. Too bad cause it kind of ruins that part of the sport for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls View Post
    So is it your anniversary Jake or did you break something? I know, you forgot Mrs. FFJ's birthday
    Let's see . . . nope, not our anniversary. My wife helped me out on that point . . . we were married on August 31st (last day in the last month of "Summer") in 1996 . . . so remembering this date is pretty easy.

I also haven't broken anything lately . . . and the last time "I" broke anything of my wife's was when I left my ATV plow out in the garage and she stumbled over it in the dark while going out for Chinese during the Ice Storm of 1998 and broke her wrist. I'm pretty sure I haven't broken anything else of her's in terms of possessions.

And check, I remembered her birthday . . . once again she made it easy on me by being born on Feb. 1st . . . one day before Groundhog's Day . . . although I must confess for a long time I kept thinking it was on Groundhog's Day.

This said . . . as a dim-witted guy I often forget things that are important, when it comes to home improvement projects I am mentally impaired and when it comes to using logic and reason . . . well, let's just say I'm no Vulcan . . . and yet time after time despite the many mistakes I make she continues to forgive . . . I guess true love truly is kind, forgiving and the most important thing in this world.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    She tried setting a TB loose as a test before placing a cache, and it turned up missing very soon.
    So it's going to be even harder for anyone to convince her to place a cache now.
    You've just got to have faith in others . . . which truly is a strange thing for me to say since this runs counter to my belief about the core being of people in general.

I will say I've had pretty good luck (knock on fake wood desk) with my TBs that I've released. To the best of my knowledge two of them are sitting in caches and one was recently picked up by a cacher (my famous . . . well famous in my own head . . . Bangor Ladder.) My caches have done pretty well so far . . . other than some water issues and one multi stage that must have been found my a muggle and just left on a park bench.

Have faith . . . just try one cache . . . pick a place that is out of the way and a place that may not be as apt to be muggled for that first cache . . . making it a members-only cache may also help reduce the likelihood of their being issues.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Let's see . . . nope, not our anniversary. My wife helped me out on that point . . . we were married on August 31st (last day in the last month of "Summer") in 1996 . . . so remembering this date is pretty easy.

I also haven't broken anything lately . . . and the last time "I" broke anything of my wife's was when I left my ATV plow out in the garage and she stumbled over it in the dark while going out for Chinese during the Ice Storm of 1998 and broke her wrist. I'm pretty sure I haven't broken anything else of her's in terms of possessions.

And check, I remembered her birthday . . . once again she made it easy on me by being born on Feb. 1st . . . one day before Groundhog's Day . . . although I must confess for a long time I kept thinking it was on Groundhog's Day.

This said . . . as a dim-witted guy I often forget things that are important, when it comes to home improvement projects I am mentally impaired and when it comes to using logic and reason . . . well, let's just say I'm no Vulcan . . . and yet time after time despite the many mistakes I make she continues to forgive . . . I guess true love truly is kind, forgiving and the most important thing in this world.
    speakin of Mrs. FFJ, how did those seasonal mums turn out this year???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun View Post
    Understandably. 4-5 out of my 9 TB's have been inactive for over 8 months and 3 for 3 geocoins have been missing since visiting only 1 or 2 caches, 2 of them went missing after only being picked up once. I personally will never but out another TB or geo-coin and I'm still debating if I should put out the coin that Cache Maine dedicated to us or keep it. Seems someone else will just steal it if I put it out. Fortunately, only one of my geocaches has gone missing, and I replaced it and have had no issues with it.

Someone out there must have a huge collection of geo-coins and jeeps as these things disappear from action within a very, very short time. Too bad cause it kind of ruins that part of the sport for the rest of us.

That's too bad . . . I've picked up more than a few TRF dinosaur TBs in the past . . . kind of a mystery as to why anyone would collect something like that . . . but then again it's a mystery to me as to why anyone would feel compelled to hold on to geocoins or other TBs as the true value is sentimental not economical in most cases.

But keeping the thread on track... Those rocks don't look familiar... could we buy a vowel???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    But keeping the thread on track... Those rocks don't look familiar... could we buy a vowel???
    Quite right . . . I don't have a guess, but if I remember correctly I think I remember reading a log awhile back about the Francis Family and Wellsuh inadvertently meeting up with each other in a cache somewhere north or east of Bangor . . . of course I could be wrong. I'd like to phone a friend or poll the audience. . . .

geez, guys! to get back on track, is it kenduskeag views gcvyry?
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Oh my friend - thanks for bringing them back and Yes it is! Good eye Becket! You're on ......

this was one of my favorite caches!

"life is short...make a mess of it!"