Quote Originally Posted by craftycaching View Post
no, I do not have any Mapping software for it as of yet. I do want to get it of course. I think I may want to see what someone elses looks like as an example maybe..... at this point I am so happy that I ordered the GPS--lol- I have the handbook downloaded onto my laptop desktop browsing through BUT I need to hold it and play with it to really get it...
Now WhereRWe you mentioned having a laptop to bring? I have one, is that to use the pocket query's? Is that only internet accesible? I am sorry if I sound stupid, just figuring it ALL out. LOL Haffy helped me do a pocket query, can that be saved offline onto the laptop? Or is the laptop for a different purpose? I am not sure if I wanna carry it around with me BUT if it is USEFUL I would consider it!!! LOL I am trying to figure out what I should know FIRST and not overwhelm myself with info that can wait. I look forward to learning more about maps though. I never really had an interest in maps but LOVE to be outdoors, and fish and camp BUT I do want to know how to get myself out of the woods when I get myself LOST!!! LOL Thanks everyone- you are all so nice!
I tend to carry the gps and the laptop while out on the trail, when the laptop gets heavey I just give it to the little woman and let her carry it for awhile. Just kidding, you can store your pq's off line in gsak and then revisit them anytime you want. You will also need a palm pilot of some sort. Has anyone mentioned that to you yet. LOL the list of toys that you could "need" is endless. Get yourself started with the gps and a couple of pages of caches printed off and go find them. As time progresses you can ease into it instead of jumping right in head first.