vb:literal>

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Winter Campout Event WITH Snow!!

A suggestion to anyone planning a event,ask Tat to be your co-host.You'll be some glad you did,as a lot of you already know he's a tireless,selfless person,who's a joy to work with.Tat's friendship will be the greatest thing,of many great things,I take from this weekend.Thanks Tom.

Looks like you guys all had a great time from the pictures I saw on the event page. Its quite the setup you had there.
    I wanna see more pictures though....
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

Vic

What is going on with the poker run? I brought my cards home by mistake. Do I send you what I have for cards and then are you going to pick the winners or what is going on?
    Blazing Troll

Default Poker run

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Vic

What is going on with the poker run? I brought my cards home by mistake. Do I send you what I have for cards and then are you going to pick the winners or what is going on?
    Whats going on is that I didn't do a very good job.Not as organized as Karen.Send me a e-mail,post them here or whatever,what I need is just the numerical values not the suits.Example AKQJ1098765432 not spades,hearts,clubs or diamonds.I need yours,Tats,and Hirams two friends who I believe are Pete and Gary.As soon as I get these I'll pick a winner .A new pair of gaiters donated by Northwoods Outfitters is the prize along with a coleman lantern case.My granddaughter Sadie has five aces and two kings,she was quite diappointed when I told her it wasn't going to be the highest hand that won.
    Last edited by vicbiker; 03-05-2007 at 06:11 PM. Reason: grammar

mine didn't have numbers, just the letter A. Is that good?

Just kidding, I did get 2 A's and Q,9,6,4,3

And I won a 2nd trip up the Piscatiquis River to Barrow's Falls. In the winter!!

Did anyone loose a pack? We have an unclaimed "Outdoor Products" daypack. It's light green with red first aid kit, gloves, a camera case, tissues and tp.

Send me an email if you know who it belongs to.

P.S. Thanks for the water, I was parched!

Vic

Here is what I have for cards.

Blazing Troll

Hey,

Did anyone find a set of tent poles? I have not found my tent poles after the event. Please let me know.

RobT

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Hey,

Did anyone find a set of tent poles? I have not found my tent poles after the event. Please let me know.

RobT
    Rob, I have your tent poles and your radio. I hope you have my glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Jake what a story!There is no way you could have made it up any better.The Whetstone Mayor is one of those people that spends his time quietly in the shadows,until such time his services are needed,then him and Mrs Whetstone Mayor magically appear.I know from personal experience.True Maine people.

Like Tat I didn't know you were there until getting home and reading the logs.Waited all day for you,leave for a hour and you show up.Some day,some where we will meet.You had to have stay over night to appreciate all the wonderful camaraderie we enjoyed around the campfire.Next year Jake.

I'll get yo bills address soon as I can.
    . . . and I forgot to mention about driving through Dexter around 10 p.m. or so and suddenly finding ourselves confronted with about a half dozen fire trucks with flashing lights and sirens . . . and a tour bus right in middle of the pack . . . we couldn't figure this one out until my buddy realized that the Dexter Girls were playing in the State Basketball Finals and this was probably the welcoming reception so to speak.

Again, I'm sorry I missed you and a few of the others . . . but I'm wicked glad I met Bill and his wife. We didn't snowmobile as far as we had hoped, but in the process met a fascinating couple and I can honestly say I had a good time talking with them that evening. I definitely want to send a thank you card to him and his wife for their hospitality and help.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."