vb:literal>

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Winter Campout Event WITH Snow!!

This sounds like something you would expect some one like Hiram to do not a old guy like you.Glad to hear you're O.K.

Default Glad you're okay!

Rick, for some strange reason, I may not take my first snowmobile ride from you! I'm just kidding of course, and I'm glad only the machine got wrecked seriously.

If I bring my sled I will not be able to give rides because I will not be able to bring an extra helmet. I feel that no one should be on a sled without wearing a helmet now days.

Vic have they groomed the trail with the sleds yet going to the fire pit?
    Blazing Troll

Default A wise man

Okay, I've lived 50 years with a ride. I can live at least 50 more. You're a wise man, Rick. Hey I like your "count" on your geocaching icon. "few" "some"

Another wise man built an outhouse. Thanks Vic, but I am use to using a "Wag Bag." I was worried about others and the land use, but since there is now an outhouse... yahoo!

Default Todays up date

The trail to the site is all done.I not sure yet who to thank,either the whetstone mayor or the piper pond pose have done a great job on it.The trail is now all dragged right to the camping area.Anyone wishing to ski to the area will have no problems now.I may do just that today.

Yesterday I finished putting the finishing touches on the out house area.It is now closed in on all sides so girls you can have a little privacy.Again these protective measures are a direct result of Hiram being at the event.

Six trails now exist from the piper pond road to the campsite.Four of these are snowmobile accessable and two are snowshoe accessable only.Number seven has two of these that run from his house and the public beach at piper pond to the campsite.

The long range weather report isn't sounding all that good at the moment,but they never get it right anyway.So keep all your fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    ...........I landed on my left side and banged up left my elbow and hip and ended up just sliding down the road on the lose sand left over from the sand trucks. I think the loose sand was a life saver in this case because all I did was slide mostly.

The sled is fine with the exception of a new windshield and some gouges on the side that I have been trying to work out. The main thing is that I am alive and well. It was an eye opening experience though.
    I was trying to envision the whole thing. Sounds like it was pretty scary...I'm glad you are ok....and luckily you came out of it w/ only a few bruises....it could have been so much worse. Yikes!
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

The overnight does not look like it may happen for me. I have to give my son a ride to work Sunday because the wife is working.

I am still planning on attending if I do not have to work Saturday though.

We have a bunch of snow coming in Friday so it this still going on as planned?
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post

We have a bunch of snow coming in Friday so it this still going on as planned?
    The event is ON! Please drive carefully and give the snow plows time to do their job.

1) In which town and on what ITS or Club trail is the snowmobile turn-off?

2) Do you get credit for the "find" if you stop by and just say hi and don't camp? Just curious.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    1) In which town and on what ITS or Club trail is the snowmobile turn-off?

2) Do you get credit for the "find" if you stop by and just say hi and don't camp? Just curious.
    I believe the Its # is 85,its the one that runs from dover to greenville.You can get off the ITS in Abbot and go to the club house,they will be there with local maps and directions.You can follow the co-ords Rick posted some where.Check with him or Hiram they both been there.Once on the local trail I'll have signs out.Yes you get credit for just stopping to say hi.