vb:literal>

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Campout Event WITH Snow!!

I could go either way with the majority, I love sucking back some exhaust as much as the next person, but I also love a nice hike with just snowshoes.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I don't know if I will make it or spend the night yet. If I were to come and bring my snowmobile I would want to be within eyesight of my sled.
    Blazing Troll

Default Snowshoes

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    I know some of us are snowshoers and some of us are snowmobilers.So what are your thoughts on how close do we want the snowsleds?I'm thinking a few hundred yards,but will listen to the majority.I think a snow shoe trail and a separate snowsled trail might work.This will give us purist more of a wilderness experience.Give Tat and I some feed back.
    Since my jetski is up for the winter and the river may have some ice on it. I'll be trying to get in by snowshoes. The hike is fine and the area sounds GREAT! Can't wait. Even is starting to look like winter outside today.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

The event is now officially posted!!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...a-edf8b8057d1c

Looks like you folks will have a good time. Plan on joining us for an inside event the next weekend if you can - lots of fun surprises.

Default Great time

As you can see we had a great time, out in the middle of Monson. The temps Saturday night got down below 0. -6 we think. We have all survived and even walked up the frozen Piscataqua river and got Barrow's Falls cache this morning. I can't wait to go back in March. Thanks Vic for being our guide.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Got to admit - it does look like fun - about 10 years earlier than I am now LOL To all who do the adventure - I know you will enjoy. Vic should be a super guide. How fortunate to have a place to use if this is something you like to do.

This is what makes Geocaching so much fun - if you engage and do the research - there is something for everyone. Easy, extreme, all season, all terrains, you name it something for young and old.

or you could just turn it over to Foxgloves. I have always wanted a Jeep (Rubicon)

Back to the winter camping event....it sounds like a lot of fun. If there is a campfire/bonfire how can I resist?
    I have all the camping gear in the world and have camped in cold weather before but never on snow....and its something I would like to conquer. I only have a 3 season tent though but have a special catalytic heater to put in my tent if it gets really cold...I've used it once and it works like a charm....

I'll have to check my schedule.....

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Will the Jeep fit?
    Where do you want it to fit?I've checked Jake and for eviromental reasons we can't burn it.We could gut it out,bury it with snow,turn it into a igloo.With the addition of a stove and gas lights Brdad could use it for a hotel[/quote]
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

Vic

I have some questions on the winter camping area.

I noticed the sled parking is is 1.10 miles from the camping are. Is that just where we are suppose to unload our sleds or is that where we have to park them at night if we stay the night. i was hoping to have my sled within eyesight.

Blazing Troll