vb:literal>

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Campout Event WITH Snow!!

Yep worked fine for me too,thanks Rick.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I've spent the last couple of days breaking out snowshoeing trails.The snow shoeing is awesome with all the new snow.I have about four miles of trails done so far in and around the campsite.Will have more done for the event if my legs hold up.The new snow has made the whole area look like a winter wonderland.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    I've spent the last couple of days breaking out snowshoeing trails.The snow shoeing is awesome with all the new snow.I have about four miles of trails done so far in and around the campsite.Will have more done for the event if my legs hold up.The new snow has made the whole area look like a winter wonderland.
    trails?? what do you need trails for?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

TAT
    Didn't you post a link somewhere about how to make a pull behind sled. I remember seeing it but I can not longer find that link. Can someone help me find the link or post it for me please.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    TAT
    Didn't you post a link somewhere about how to make a pull behind sled. I remember seeing it but I can not longer find that link. Can someone help me find the link or post it for me please.
    I don't think so, but I know Kaching Karen made her sled. I'll look aroung later and get something posted, if no one else does.

Default Here's one I found

This looks real easy.Equipment sled
    Happy Trails!

Rick there is also a good link on Baxter State Parks site.I tried to link to it but am not that smart this morning.

The instructions that Mainiac has on his link are very close to what I made. My pvc pipe is only 5 feet long. If I used skis, that would be too short. I put carabiners on the ends of the poles so I just clip them to my backpack.

I looked at the sled plans in link that Mainiac1957 posted.
    This is probably a stupid question but inquiring minds want to know…
    Whats the advantage of having all that PVC secured and bolted to the underside of the sled? The sled will glide just fine on the snow without all the extra weight of the PVC won’t it? I mean that’s what these plastic sleds are supposed to do right? It seems to me that the only PVC you need is the two pieces of PVC for the handles which would work well to keep the sled from slamming into you going downhill. Unless all that other PVC is to strengthen the sled laterally??? Is it necessary?

It looks like a fun project to build though…I may just build one for the heck of it…
    How long should the pipes for the handles/poles be in order to drag a sled a comfortable distance behind you without it slapping the backs of your snowshoes…
    Is there a certain style plastic sled that works better than others?

Maybe some people do this already but it seems like it would be a good idea lay a small tarp inside the sled and then throw all your gear on the tarp. Fold the sides of the tarp over so to cover all your gear and then lace rope through the grommets or use carabiners to keep your gear dry to your destination…

Karen do you have pictures of your sled you built?
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

Foxglove. I though the same thing then I realized that sometimes it is easy to pull the holes out of those plastic sleds. I also realized that if you put a lot of gear in the sled and cinch it down the sides of the sled will pull up and the pcv will give it support. That is my thought as to the reason for the pcv around the outside of the sled.
    Blazing Troll