Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 140

Thread: Winter Campout Event WITH Snow!!

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Auburn
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    There is a big parking area at the boat ramp that will allow more room for trailers. There are established sled trails between the other parking areas. If we get a little more snow, you will be able to sled right up to the camp area.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    abbot me
    Posts
    754

    Default

    There are lots of choices for those of you coming by sled.As Tat has said you can park at the boat launch on Piper Pd.Number Seven has a big yard we can use and he's right next to the boat launch.You could even park at the Abbot snowmobile club house.The trail from there to the camping area is about six miles.Members of the snowmobile club are going to make a trail right to the campsite,they just need a little more snow.They even plan to drag the trail so you'll be able to park your sled right next to your tent.Rick you could even sleep with it if you want!!Hope this answer some of the questions.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    temp
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Greetings from Punxsutawney!

    Phil Says Spring is Right Around the Corner!

    Phil's official forecast as read 2/2/07 at 7:28 a.m. at Gobbler's Knob:
    El Nino has caused high winds, heavy snow, ice and freezing temperatures in the west.
    Here in the East with much mild winter weather we have been blessed.
    Global warming has caused a great debate.
    This mild winter makes it seem just great.
    On this Groundhog Day we think of one thing.
    Will we have winter or will we have spring?
    On Gobbler's Knob I see no shadow today.
    I predict that early spring is on the way.



    Whew, I like warm weather....LOL

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun View Post
    Greetings from Punxsutawney!



    Phil Says Spring is Right Around the Corner!


    Phil's official forecast as read 2/2/07 at 7:28 a.m. at Gobbler's Knob:

    El Nino has caused high winds, heavy snow, ice and freezing temperatures in the west.

    Here in the East with much mild winter weather we have been blessed.

    Global warming has caused a great debate.

    This mild winter makes it seem just great.

    On this Groundhog Day we think of one thing.

    Will we have winter or will we have spring?

    On Gobbler's Knob I see no shadow today.

    I predict that early spring is on the way.




    Whew, I like warm weather....LOL
    I know of a warm place you snow haters can go...


    have there been any arrangements made about cooking (anyone brining a grill or anything, should we come prepared to be self sufficient?)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Auburn
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    There will likely be enough stoves to share, but you are certainly welcome to bring a grill. There will also be a fire.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Auburn
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun View Post
    Phil Says Spring is Right Around the Corner!
    Who cares what the weather is going to be in PA! We're getting 3-5"!!!!


  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    have there been any arrangements made about cooking (anyone brining a grill or anything, should we come prepared to be self sufficient?)
    Oh I thought it was going to be a buffet where everyone brings a "Mountain House" dehydrated food dinner packet......adds water and shares with everyone else..
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

    “Danse avec les Arbres”

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    Who cares what the weather is going to be in PA! We're getting 3-5"!!!!

    CAN I GET AN AMEN!!!!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxgloves View Post
    Oh I thought it was going to be a buffet where everyone brings a "Mountain House" dehydrated food dinner packet......adds water and shares with everyone else..
    Sure beats my usual of beef jerky and pringles.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    There will likely be enough stoves to share, but you are certainly welcome to bring a grill. There will also be a fire.
    (I know I need to learn to use the multiquote thing...)

    I have a portable grill I can bring if needed, how many other people are planning on bringing one?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •