vb:literal>

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Campout Event WITH Snow!!

I've had my secret weapons in my sleeping bag before and its not alot of fun.I have a mummy bag and it can get quite tight in there.The boys are up and down all night,first they're cold then they're hot,in the sleeping bag then out of the sleeping bag.So I think they will be staying home this trip.They don't do well in the snow and they have a hard time keeping there feet warm.

Before you can say any thing Hiram the boys in this case are dogs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    THANK YOU for clarifying!!! LOL
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    I've had my secret weapons in my sleeping bag before and its not alot of fun.I have a mummy bag and it can get quite tight in there.The boys are up and down all night,first they're cold then they're hot,in the sleeping bag then out of the sleeping bag.So I think they will be staying home this trip.They don't do well in the snow and they have a hard time keeping there feet warm.

well geeze, stef calls me a dog from time to time...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I went out for a walk tonight with the wife and it was pretty darn cold out. I am re-thinking this overnight thing.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I went out for a walk tonight with the wife and it was pretty darn cold out. I am re-thinking this overnight thing.
    it was just a bit windy tonight, dont wuss out on us now, besides, we'll have a fire goin and lots of warm tasty fluids to keep the insides thawed out.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Vic and TAT is everyone bringing their own food or are we having a big feed for supper or what are the plans for that?
    Blazing Troll

Rick I think its always a good idea to have ones own food with them just in case.But Cheryl has mention that maybe a big pot of something would be good.Maybe a pasta dish or some chili.What does everyone think?If we use paper bowls or plates we won't make to much of a mess to clean up.Give me some feed back.I have a big kettle if someone wants to bring say...lobster!!

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Through out history the fear of the unknown has kept people from doing a lot of things.If Christopher Columbus had believe in the fear of falling off the earth where would we be today.Do you know how many people talk themselves into not going out on a cold day,where as if they had just got going they would have been find.If its that cold we'll have Hiram sleep with you!!!

Well here is the scope on me attending. If work will permit I will attend. We took on a big account at work a couple of weeks ago and now it is threatening our weekends. I am not too happy about this at all. I am just unsure on whether I will do and overnighter for this or do and all day event into the evening with the snowmobile.

I have been working on my snowmobile since last weekend trying to get it ready in case I decide to attend the event just as an all day event thing. I had an accident on it the day after the caching event in Winslow that we had last weekend. I have kept quite about it since then because it was a scary thing that happened. I feel a little better talking about it now.

What happened with the sled is that I was driving on the edge of the road trying to keep my right ski on the snow bank to keep at least one off the pavement. I was coming up the hill from the store down below the house. I was going about 45 mph and at the very top of the hill my left ski that was not on the snow bank caught the edge of the pavement and forced my sled up to the right and up the side of the snow bank. The snow bank was very steep and my sled would not stay upright. It forced my sled on its left side at 45 mph and I decided it was best to jump off the sled rather then to have it land on me in case it started rolling. Well the sled did not roll it just slide on its slide for a while and as for me from what I remember because it happened so quickly. I landed on my left side and banged up left my elbow and hip and ended up just sliding down the road on the lose sand left over from the sand trucks. I think the loose sand was a life saver in this case because all I did was slide mostly.

The sled is fine with the exception of a new windshield and some gouges on the side that I have been trying to work out. The main thing is that I am alive and well. It was an eye opening experience though.
    Blazing Troll

Wow, glad to hear that you are alright.