vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's my idea.

Default Here's my idea.

I was thinking this would be fun. I want to get 10 travel bug tags and make some sort of whatever on them(I havnt figured that out yet). I want to send them out with a mission of whoever moves them the furthest will get an unactivated geocoin from me. I am thinking whoever moves any one of these 10 trackables the furthest over a period of 6 months will get the coin. To be eligible to receive the coin, the rules would be that you could not keep any of the trackables longer than 2 weeks, it has to be a cache to cache "hop". Meaning no "dipping", the furthest cache to cache distance. The trackables have to stay in North America, and post a pic of your gps and trackable at the "drop off" cache....I still have some other details on some other different things that I am trying to work out, but I think it would work. You could have 10 chances if you could find all 10 of the trackables...but my only worry is that someone might move it a good distance, log it in at the cache and then take the trackable home so no one else gets a chance to beat them...Anyone have any suggestions for this>?
    If you are born to hang, you'll never drown.

Default Rules

Sad that you would have to create rules for this but you might want to put in a stipulation that this has to be a new find and not logged into previous finds...Ultimately, its your coin that you are giving away so you make the rules.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

I took some trackables with me to AK last June. The last thing I wanted to do was bring them home. One regret was I dropped them off and one had a great mission which was fouled up when someone picked it up and brought it back to the lower 48.

Good luck with your adventure. If you get this going before July - some have a chance of making a great hop - to Geowoodstock and, of course, beyond!

Sounds good. I tend to do some last minute traveling never really knowing where I'll end up.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Sounds like an interesting "mission" - I just think that any TB with a specific goal should have a written copy of the goal clearly spelled out and attached to it. The very first TB we ever picked up had a goal we really couldn't help it with very much, but we had no idea what the goal was until we got home and logged it. I find that aspect of TBs very frustrating, and have therefore resorted to merely "discovering" most of them, so that I don't get stuck with a bug that has too specific a goal. Your goal sounds a lot more doable than many - the cacher can't really head it off in the "wrong" direction.

For our own 15 TBs, all of them have exactly the same goal, which is really no goal at all :"My goal is to travel to many caches, and have adventures along the way. Where the caches may be, and what kind of adventures are entirely up to whoever takes me along. Photos or stories would be much appreciated if you are so inclined; please be creative, and have fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    I took some trackables with me to AK last June. The last thing I wanted to do was bring them home. One regret was I dropped them off and one had a great mission which was fouled up when someone picked it up and brought it back to the lower 48.

Good luck with your adventure. If you get this going before July - some have a chance of making a great hop - to Geowoodstock and, of course, beyond!
    HehHeh . . . sounds like one of the two TBs I had that were in a race to a one of several caches in Alaska . . . one was in Alaska, but not in one of the three caches I had designated as the "finish line" . . . and then even though the TBs had laminated tags attached describing their mission someone picked that one up on a trip to Alaska and returned back to New Hampshire!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Could be a fun idea. Just makes all the rules as clear s possible and make the last rule that you will make the final call on what counts and what does not.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Sounds like an interesting twist.....launch it!
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Awesome, I like all the ideas you guys have given and will put them all into effect. I will be back from florida on the 27th and will get started on it then. I have a trip planned to W. Virginia towards the beginning of April that I will be driving so I think I will plant 3-4 in Maine and then spread the others out along the route to W.V. Thanks for the feedback, if you guys come up with anymore ideas to help make this work let me know.
    If you are born to hang, you'll never drown.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsouth View Post
    I was thinking this would be fun. I want to get 10 travel bug tags and make some sort of whatever on them(I havnt figured that out yet). I want to send them out with a mission of whoever moves them the furthest will get an unactivated geocoin from me. I am thinking whoever moves any one of these 10 trackables the furthest over a period of 6 months will get the coin. To be eligible to receive the coin, the rules would be that you could not keep any of the trackables longer than 2 weeks, it has to be a cache to cache "hop". Meaning no "dipping", the furthest cache to cache distance. The trackables have to stay in North America, and post a pic of your gps and trackable at the "drop off" cache....I still have some other details on some other different things that I am trying to work out, but I think it would work. You could have 10 chances if you could find all 10 of the trackables...but my only worry is that someone might move it a good distance, log it in at the cache and then take the trackable home so no one else gets a chance to beat them...Anyone have any suggestions for this>?
    Why limit only for North America?
    Moo