vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maine, the way life should be!!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I like how 90% of people who live between Augusta and Portland think they are in Central Maine. I'm guessing most of those never even made it to Bangor, much less Estcourt, Maine, or they might think otherwise!

The geographic center of Maine is about N 45° 16.9981' W 69° 13.9989', which is just north of Sebec Lake.

Obviously, if we use population or microcaches as our criteria, Central Maine does move south. If we use pine trees, it probably moves northwest. But since when do we determine the center of an area by people or pine trees?

Well, if central Maine is where the population goes... and the central maine is moving south.... then who cares???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

You know it was a joke, I do concider Bowdoinham to be southern but since the farthest I'v ever been is just above Bangor, that's north to me. We had friends with family in Caribou. Our friends from Connecticut would stop here after 5 hrs of driving and still not be half way.
    Slowly but surely

Default Love It!!!

Way to go Starzz....Made my day!! One question though...If we have a tourist season...How come we can't hunt them??? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls View Post
    Thought from a 13 yr transplant.... Are you sure Bangor isn't northern Maine?
    I was talking with a friend of mine yesterday and she referred to a place far away - northern Maine - come to find out she was referring to Lincolnville!! It is entertaining to talk with people who have rarely travelled farther north than Freeport about where places are in the rest of the state. On the flip side - I work in a medical practice in Portland where we see patients from all around the state. They are surprised that I know where they are from, let alone that often times I have been there.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls View Post
    You know it was a joke, I do concider Bowdoinham to be southern but since the farthest I'v ever been is just above Bangor, that's north to me. We had friends with family in Caribou. Our friends from Connecticut would stop here after 5 hrs of driving and still not be half way.
    Actually, Portland is closer to New York City than it is to Fort Kent (driving distance, anyway...)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Actually, Portland is closer to New York City than it is to Fort Kent (driving distance, anyway...)
    and waterville is closer to San Fransisco than it is to Balashikha...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    and waterville is closer to San Fransisco than it is to Balashikha...
    Your point being???

Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Gail View Post
    Way to go Starzz....Made my day!! One question though...If we have a tourist season...How come we can't hunt them??? LOL
    Good question...

so if anyone from maine visits campobello island this summer, they would be considered tourists... so WATCH OUT!!
    Last edited by Starzz; 01-26-2007 at 10:59 AM. Reason: typos