0 0%
  • Use PDA 1-25% of the time

1 2.27%
  • Never use PDA - Always print out cache pages

13 29.55%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paper or Plastic?

Default Paper or Plastic?

It's been a long time since we've had a poll and a previous post I made today prompted this question:

What percentage of your cache hunts are done with Paper(Printed) versus paperless (PDA)?

I almost always use my PDA. The exception is when my data is not current and I'm just going out for a few new caches, then I print.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Interesting question . . . I've just started doing the paper-less thing and I'm slowly learning to trust my PDA and realize that computers are my friends (contrary to what I've seen in the Terminator and Matrix movies) so right now I'm about 50-50 when caching.

That said, I suspect I'll be doing more paperless caching as I become more familiar with the PDA.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I converted to a PDA at the end of last summer and managing the mess in the car got a lot easier! I still bring paper though, I set up a geocaching map that shows several target caches in an area so I can see where they are in relation to each other (and plan my driving accordingly). I find that easier than squinting at the small map on my GPSr and trying to read waypoint numbers.

d’76 Guest

The only time I ever print a page for caching is when I have to do a puzzle that has graphics since the cachemate doesnt support graphics. Then I use the palm with it

Becket helped convert me. I still do use a map some but as far as printing out all those pages - no more. Am sure glad too.

I made my vote to almost 99% of the time as I do once in a great while use paper if it entails a puzzle or mystery cache.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default Not for long........

Been all PAPER PAPER PAPER but NOT for long cause it is too much papers and ink! Have printed out like 20 caches and what a pile I have here! Even if I have to get a cheap cheap PDA for now.....as long as I won't have to print; then I am sure I will be PAPERLESS minus having to print for puzzles......
    Craftycaching----Ami

I've came close to learning how to do paperless caching ,but never quite got there.Maybe this year will be the year.

100% brain matter! No paper, No PDA. Lots of no-finds and retries.

Although I am still using paper for the time being, I have gotten smarter about how I use it! Now I cut and paste caches for the area I am going to, just the impt stuff, make the fonts smaller etc...and print them out on colored paper so I can identify them in the piles. I currenty have 8 caches on one page here..Hey, look! I could turn it over, too!