vb:literal>

Thread: Win an eTrex Vista?

Do you really think we need promotional advertising here on this website? In essence this is just what it is,I'm sure you can find literally hundreds of promotions just like this if you look around. I mean what are your chances anyway? Did Sylvania pay you for this? ...lol as in your own words Sheesh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Do you really think we need promotional advertising here on this website? In essence this is just what it is,I'm sure you can find literally hundreds of promotions just like this if you look around. I mean what are your chances anyway? Did Sylvania pay you for this? ...lol as in your own words Sheesh!!
    Sorry, Dude. To quote Beachcomber, "Chill"!

NO, I was not paid to put this here. (Sheesh!) Many people enjoy entering contests, and a contest for a GPS unit seemed like a good item for this forum. And I see NO advertising. I posted a link which is obviously a contest entry. There was NO ADVERTISING. If I were posting this for some benefit for myself, I think you'd have a right to complain. Don't want to try? Don't like contests? Don't enter. This is a PUBLIC forum, remember.

What are your chances of winning? In the 10 years I've actively been entering contests, I've won literally thousands of dollars in prizes. I have a relative who has won trips (Disney World twice, Washington, D.C., and several to Boston for Red Sox/Patriots games), a new car, TV's, and you name it. His license plate reads "I WIN" for a reason.
    Last edited by WhereRWe?; 12-19-2004 at 01:22 PM.

Thumbs up I entered

Ok...I entered the contest. Now when I win and since I have two gps's now, I'm going to put it on ebay so haffy6 can bid on it.

I could always use another GPS to keep at camp over in Lexington Township.....Thanks for the contest

I would like to enter the contest. But I am sure that they will end up distributing my email to the whole world. I get enough junk email now. I never enter things on the internet where I have to put my email address in.
    Blazing Troll

Default More than one

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I would like to enter the contest. But I am sure that they will end up distributing my email to the whole world. I get enough junk email now. I never enter things on the internet where I have to put my email address in.
    That's why I have more than one email account...4 actually. I use one of them in cases like this contest. Let them fill it up with junkmail. I only use it to clean it up once in a while.

Actually, you rarely get junk email from entering contests at LEGITIMATE corporations - such a Kraft, General Mills, etc. With experience, you can recognize which contests are just there for the purpose of harvesting email addresses. And I don't think this one is.

But NEVER, EVER enter anything you hear of from a pop-up ad!

I've been entering contests for over 10 years, with the same email address, and rarely get more than 1-2 spam messages per day that I could say derived from a contest-related source.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    What are your chances of winning? In the 10 years I've actively been entering contests, I've won literally thousands of dollars in prizes. I have a relative who has won trips (Disney World twice, Washington, D.C., and several to Boston for Red Sox/Patriots games), a new car, TV's, and you name it. His license plate reads "I WIN" for a reason.
    OK...so what is the secret??? I want to win too!