vb:literal>

Thread: Event to benefit Brown's (N1WTQ and family)

Default Event to benefit Brown's (N1WTQ and family)

Many of you know fellow geocacher Andy (N1WTQ) and Tonya Brown and might have heard the serious issues that their son, Camden, has faced in the first 6 months of life.

Here is a great and fun event that is being held by the 3rd Watch Hockey and UMaine Womens Hockey teams next monday night in Orono.

http://www.thirdwatchhockey.com/brown.html

What's Andy's geo knickname . . . is this Evil Homer?

Incidentally, this really is a small world . . . several members of the Third Watch Hockey Team come from the Bangor FD.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I had no idea about this....

His nick is N1WTQ....I definately want to help.

I was just in the at the UMO PD today talking with the dispatcher (getting a parking permit). He mentioned that Andy was also a cacher!

I can't wait to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    I had no idea about this....

His nick is N1WTQ....I definately want to help.
    Ah . . . then there must be two UMO PD Dispatchers who are also geocachers since I'm pretty sure that Evil Homer is also a geocacher and Dispatcher there as well.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Just a reminder that tonight is the night for the benefit. There is a few of us going that I know of.....

Please come out and support this family. Make sure to look for us, we may be handing out some pirate cash to some very lucky cachers!!!

Default Wow!

What a great time tonight...I think we even surprised the "Browns." The Third Watch Team pulled out the win tonight in an intense game of Broomball....

Our caching family was also very lucky tonight as well, with people winning a jersey and an Old Town Kayak!!!!!!! (Nate Built but not Tat inspected, Number 1 Grade)

Can you really have that many players on the ice at one time?

To stay updated with the progress, here is a link to Camden's Blog.

Cool Very cool!!

Glad you all had a good time. Sounds like a very worthy cause for sure.
    Happy Trails!

Boy I am glad I brought it up here. My wife and the pirate princess went, however I had made plans to go with my dad to Savannah. (where I tried to do some caching, but mostly came up empty handed, I also stayed with the town manager of Tybee Island who told me the story of a geocache that looked to much like a pipe bomb...buts thats another story)

Glad everyone had a good time. Look forward to catching up with everyone at the next geocaching event.

Quote Originally Posted by Macmo View Post
    Boy I am glad I brought it up here. My wife and the pirate princess went, however I had made plans to go with my dad to Savannah. (where I tried to do some caching, but mostly came up empty handed, I also stayed with the town manager of Tybee Island who told me the story of a geocache that looked to much like a pipe bomb...buts thats another story)

Glad everyone had a good time. Look forward to catching up with everyone at the next geocaching event.
    Hope to see you at the Pirate Event! We missed seeing Pirate Princess...but she probably wouldn't have recognized us in a hockey arena.

See you soon!