vb:literal>

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Winter camping "Tip of the Day"

Lightbulb poly-pro and wool

My tip is long underwear!!!!
    Without that little, thin, dry layer right next to my skin, the breeze would get to me! Ask Hiram, I'm cranky without long underwear!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

d’76 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    My tip is long underwear!!!!
    Without that little, thin, dry layer right next to my skin, the breeze would get to me! Ask Hiram, I'm cranky without long underwear!
    ooooooohhhhhhh, do you talk like that to Hiram....

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    maybe but i usually don't share those little whisperings...
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976 View Post
    yeah... I've gotta breeze that'll get to her... I had taco bell for lunch!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Wink who ordered the methane?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    yeah... I've gotta breeze that'll get to her... I had taco bell for lunch!!
    I heard the initial air passing when I called him this afternoon come from the front end, now he's in the bathroom sharing the air of the back end...

Talking I'm getting woozie

Quote Originally Posted by Medawisla View Post
    I heard the initial air passing when I called him this afternoon come from the front end, now he's in the bathroom sharing the air of the back end...
    All this medical jargon is making my head swim. I'll have to get a medical dictionary
    Happy Trails!

Lightbulb ok back on topic

Always have an extra set of gloves/mittens. They often get wet, especially setting up camp in the snow, so you'll want another set while the first set dry.

Default Socks

Lots of extra socks so when your feet sweat you can change them. And food, so when you eat it you will have more to eat.
    Happy Trails!

Lightbulb warm clothes!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Lots of extra socks so when your feet sweat you can change them. And food, so when you eat it you will have more to eat.
    I'm definately a fan of dry socks!!

Today's Tip: put your clothes for the next day in your sleeping bag to wake up to them being warm Although Hiram prefers not to change at all!

Put your tent on top of the snow. It's easier on the ground if you camp on the snow rather than on the ground.

Leave no trace!