vb:literal>

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Winter camping "Tip of the Day"

Ok, this isn't really a camping "tip" more of a question... I found this website(http://www.mrefoods.com/ and http://www.campingsurvival.com/mreskits.html), that sells the military grade MREs... It seems like a novel idea if you're doin some backpacking (or in sledding...) was wonderin if anyone has ever had any first hand experience with them...???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Ok, this isn't really a camping "tip" more of a question... I found this website, that sells the military grade MREs... It seems like a novel idea if you're doin some backpacking (or in sledding...) was wonderin if anyone has ever had any first hand experience with them...???
    We can not answer unless you tell use the web site you are referring to .
    Blazing Troll

Yeah where is the "linky" ?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I don't know what you guys are talking about... the links are up there in my post and have been since i forgo... i mean uhh... put them in when i first wrote the post...

but just a simple update, we are currently tryin the mountain house brand stuff that i bought at dick's... its not too bad, boil water and add to the pouch... even stef can cook this stuff!

i guess ya have to add the water boiliing because the food was freeze dried, so it takes really hot water to thaw it out...

Thumbs up pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    but just a simple update, we are currently tryin the mountain house brand stuff that i bought at dick's... its not too bad, boil water and add to the pouch... even stef can cook this stuff!

i guess ya have to add the water boiliing because the food was freeze dried, so it takes really hot water to thaw it out...
    It's pretty good stuff! Although we tried the non-meat stuff, we'll see how the meat stuff tastes, but the strawberries will be great in oatmeal (that was Hiram's idea too). Can't wait for the weekend, and we're going to have new snow!!!
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Well - all you brave souls - how did it go? The snow was beautiful looking out the window. Hope you all had a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Well - all you brave souls - how did it go? The snow was beautiful looking out the window. Hope you all had a good time.
    It was even more beautiful sleepin in it!

as always vic and tom went out of their way to make a great campout. the poker run was tons of fun (we were tryin to find the caches without a broken trail) and the shelter and firepit were nicer than any hotel i've ever stayed in (especially went the temps hit -15, we really liked the firepit then)

Ah, yes - I know Tom really went all out for Warren Island, too (a most memorial one for me of '07) ~ and I bet Vic can do it too. I will never forget the twinkle in Vic's eyes when Becket and I were going for one of this caches and he showed up. The two of them (Tom + Vic) = quite the pair.

Well, to miss a poker run was ok - as I stink at cards (cribbage might be the rare exception). Firepits I love........ Just to old to venture on this one with my back.

That's what makes Geocaching so great, there is something for everyone and we all share together when we can. I have enjoyed the summer camp outs and hope to do more this year.

Hey, anyone take some photos I can use on my talk at the Orrington Library in April? Shoot them to me at my email addy - I sure will give you credit for being of the stout hearted!
    Last edited by hollora; 03-03-2008 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Spelling

Exclamation Posts on the event page, too

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Ah, yes - I know Tom really went all out for Warren Island, too (a most memorial one for me of '07) ~ and I bet Vic can do it too. I will never forget the twinkle in Vic's eyes when Becket and I were going for one of this caches and he showed up. The two of them (Tom + Vic) = quite the pair.

Well, to miss a poker run was ok - as I stink at cards (cribbage might be the rare exception). Firepits I love........ Just to old to venture on this one with my back.

That's what makes Geocaching so great, there is something for everyone and we all share together when we can. I have enjoyed the summer camp outs and hope to do more this year.

Hey, anyone take some photos I can use on my talk at the Orrington Library in April? Shoot them to me at my email addy - I sure will give you credit for being of the stout hearted!
    I'll try to add photos tonight...I don't have your email though...PM me
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods