vb:literal>

Thread: winter snow shoe caches?

Default winter snow shoe caches?

We live in kennebunk and are looking for some nice winter caches so we can test out our new snow shoes ? Alot of caches in the woods are under the snow right now?
    thanks
    hky bob

Speaking of snow shoes the local Sam's Club in Bangor has theirs marked down to 1/2 price. All the heavy weight ones (up to 275#) were gone yesterday but there were a load of the ones for 200# and under. $80+ vs. $41 and change - I bought a set!

Sorry hkybob - not from Southern Maine and haven't tested mine yet either. Thought I would share on the sale and will be watching the thread for some suggestions to try mine out too!

Quote Originally Posted by hkybob View Post
    We live in kennebunk and are looking for some nice winter caches so we can test out our new snow shoes ? Alot of caches in the woods are under the snow right now?
    thanks
    hky bob
    Look in the upper right hand corner under attributes.There is a snow flake symbol there which means the cache is winter friendly.This usually means the cache is in a tree or it's protected from the snow in some way.I have some winter caches that I've put out that are in trees.These can be done by snowshoes,skis and snowsleds.

Etna Bog!!!!!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber View Post
    Etna Bog!!!!!
    Speaking of that, the time is getting closer to check this one off the list. Care for a repeat adventure, beachie? LOL (already know the answer to this one! he he he)

Default Topsham area

Cox Pinnacle and Cox Pinnacle Peak. These are nice caches to snowshoe to. The caches are under the snow but easy to find. I did these last year in the snow. Have fun!
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I highly recommend "Sabattus Mountain Tribute Cache" GCZEDP (shamless plug inserted here)
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    Speaking of that, the time is getting closer to check this one off the list. Care for a repeat adventure, beachie? LOL (already know the answer to this one! he he he)
    I might surprise you - LOL - I'd like to see what it is like doing this cache using the expected path rather than the one that Diana and I created! Wow - that trek was certainly an experience not to be forgotten. Thank goodness for the bog gods
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Speaking of shameless plugs...

We've got some!

"Within the Lair"
    GCX8AV and "Salamander" GCX8B8 are both winter friendly and in the same park... Right in your neck of the woods. Kinda a two for one! The trails here are really nice for walking, or snowshoeing.

We also have "Cache of the day"
    GCY6J7 and "A Cache in the Hand..." GCW4AQ, which are micros that are quite findable this time of year. At least as findable as the rest of the year!

"Croisare Éireann"
    GCTXD1 is winter hospitable too, especially if you have a snowmobile, as it's not far off of a snowmobile trail. We'll be checking on this cache soon. We heard that the bridge here may have been recently repaired. If this is the case, we'll be including a new access point which doesn't entail as long of a walk for those not up to one.

Come and get 'em!!!