vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geocaching in Boston????

Default Geocaching in Boston????

Have any of you Geocached in Boston? We might be taking my Girl Scouts on a day trip to boston via train.

Wouldn't that be a cool cache event trip kind of thing? A whole bunch of us load up on the Downeast...ah to go caching in Boston. Hmmm......
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

I have always thought it would be cool to take the train to Boston and go caching. Keep us posted.

Maybe if there is enough interest we can do this some time. Sounds cool to me.
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

I checked into Boston caches a few years back while my son was there for surgery. I was surprised how few caches were in the city at that time. I did get one at the boston common, which is now archived. There probably are more now, and there were some on the outskirts then, but I expected a bunch I could have walked to.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Keep me posted!

I have promised Team2hunt and 1manteam a guided trip in Boston with geocaching as the theme. Let me posted on what you find!

Just went on gc.com and found a bookmark list called Boston Visitor's Guide by g-o-cashers. It was designed for "out of town visitors". There are also links to 2 more lists. So there is a start.

A very timely thread since I'm going to Boston in June for a National Fire Protection Association Conference and Expo and of course I figured I'd grab at least one or two caches while there . . . I do have to admit however that reading one cache with a warning to not grab the rat trap already makes me appreciate the caches we have here in Maine.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

With the recent incident there I would think that caching wouldn't be the smartest thing to be doing.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    With the recent incident there I would think that caching wouldn't be the smartest thing to be doing.
    Just avoid the blinking cartoon characters giving folks the fingers and you should be all set, right?

Personally, I'm not sure which is scarier . . . folks not thinking about seeking permission to put up the electronics . . . or folks not noticing the electronics even though they were in place for several weeks . . . makes one wonder . . . what if?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

And how about the idea that this was done in 9 other cities in the US and not noticed at all!
    ~ Beach Comber ~