vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good Camping..

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I agree . . . especially if you go before the "official" start of the Summer camping season . . . I took my brother there last June (maybe it was May) and we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves other than a couple of other campers.

This state campground and the one in Presque Isle are among my favorite state-run campgrounds . . . pulling off the Golden Road and camping at Little Omaha or Wheelbarrow Pitch however are my favorite sites for really getting away from it all.

And there's a really nice cache just past Wheelbarrow Pitch that's only had 2 logs so far...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I love Lamoine St Park and Aroostook St Park (in Preque Isle. Both are run by the state.

Hey it's great to see you posting on the site and look forward to seeing you at an event in the future or maybe even on the trail. ( That's if I ever get out myself ) Just remember we have all kinds of links to help you with any geocaching related question you may have and some mighty smaht folks who can help you out with your paperless caching as well.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Stayed last year at Big Eddy in the Katahdin area (on Golden Road), loved it.
    http://www.bigeddy.org/

This is a good thread, does anyone have any recommendations for the southern portion of the State? Lets say from Lewiston down?

so nobody has gone camping this year?

I'll be in Acadia in a few weeks, hopefully I can a log caches while down there.

We are heading to Lamoine Aug 15th through the 29th. My in-laws own a place and we camp in the front yard. There are some beautiful places around Acadia. I hope to place a cache or two in Lamoine while I am there. (Owner permission still pending)

Looking forward to bumping into fellow cachers.

Quote Originally Posted by thecyr View Post

I'll be in Acadia in a few weeks, hopefully I can a log caches while down there.
    The Warren Island Campout is scheduled here in a few weeks.

Well, we spent 6 days camping so far this summer - in Quebec! LOL!

This is a good camping area - and has WiFi all over the campground. But for some reason we could only log onto the internet the first day. I even parked in front of the campground owner's house, where the signal comes from, and still couldn't log on even though I had a great signal.

We also spent a couple of nights here - another nice campground but with no internet access.

(And yes, they speak English! LOL!)

I've been in June and July. In June I went to the always beautiful Cobscook Bay State Park where I met up with Team2Hunt, Foxgloves and Parmacheenee. Had a great time downeast with fantastic weather and good caching . . . spent a large part of one day on Campobello Island.

I also went caching and camping with Hiram and Medawisla up north on a DeLorme caching trip . . . put in a lot of miles and found a few caches (and checked off our northern maps) and ended up getting soaking wet when my cheap Walmart tent proved to be no match for a downpour.

Camping this month will most likely be out as I am rushing to remodel our living room, build a hearth for the new woodstove and get it installed and get in my firewood before mid-September. The good news is that Heidi and I did take down a wall, put a new wall up and totally remodel the den in five days so getting all my "to do" list things done can happen . . . as long as the Evil Hiram is not trying to tempt me with eating out at UHOP. With luck I should be able to go camping in mid-September for the Tread Lightly event . . . and with even more luck may make it to the Eustis Event . . . although that is not as certain.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I've been in June and July. In June I went to the always beautiful Cobscook Bay State Park where I met up with Team2Hunt, Foxgloves and Parmacheenee. Had a great time downeast with fantastic weather and good caching . . . spent a large part of one day on Campobello Island.

I also went caching and camping with Hiram and Medawisla up north on a DeLorme caching trip . . . put in a lot of miles and found a few caches (and checked off our northern maps) and ended up getting soaking wet when my cheap Walmart tent proved to be no match for a downpour.

Camping this month will most likely be out as I am rushing to remodel our living room, build a hearth for the new woodstove and get it installed and get in my firewood before mid-September. The good news is that Heidi and I did take down a wall, put a new wall up and totally remodel the den in five days so getting all my "to do" list things done can happen . . . as long as the Evil Hiram is not trying to tempt me with eating out at UHOP. With luck I should be able to go camping in mid-September for the Tread Lightly event . . . and with even more luck may make it to the Eustis Event . . . although that is not as certain.

Jake, I think that's the first time you've referenced the northern trip without going on about the BBQ sauce...

and yes, the TreadLightly event will be some good camping, as well as the eustis event, so you'd better get your house done already!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.