vb:literal>

Thread: Planning a Trip to Acadia

Default Planning a Trip to Acadia

I'll be headed to MDI this Sept. and had a few questions that a few people here may have the answers to. Has anyone here hiked Cadillac before the sunrise and how long does it take approx? Also, I wondered if anyone had some GPX files of tracks with Acadia's trails. I found one file online with about 4 of the trails marked out but wondered if anyone perhaps had others. Thanks for any help.
    http://slimcache.blogspot.com
    SlimCache - My journey to become a healthier person through geocaching.

Quote Originally Posted by djgray1200 View Post
    I'll be headed to MDI this Sept. and had a few questions that a few people here may have the answers to. Has anyone here hiked Cadillac before the sunrise and how long does it take approx? Also, I wondered if anyone had some GPX files of tracks with Acadia's trails. I found one file online with about 4 of the trails marked out but wondered if anyone perhaps had others. Thanks for any help.
    sry, I don't have anything that will help ya there, but I can tell ya that just about every cache around there brings ya to a pretty cool spot, and they're all pretty good quality.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I was just there a week or so ago and hike up Cadillac from the North Ridge trail. I think the trail was about 2 miles long and we took our time so it might have taken us two hours. It started pouring once we got on top, so we decided to hike the road back down for fear of the rock being too slippery. I didn't hike before sunrise but that would have been so cool. I didn't save the tracks. Enjoy you visit up there. I didn't do any caching when I was there, ( I know how can I go there and not cache) I did just the virtual on Cadillac.

There are some great Earthcaches on the Island - be sure to not miss them. One is the Ovens and there is a regular cache there too. When I did the She Dearly Loved This Spot at Jordan Pond House - I photographed a bird I had never seen (Hooded Mersinger) - scroll back and see my post and photo. Do enjoy your visit and this lovely island.

Don't forget to find the Snipe Hunt cache at the Visitor Center as you begin your drive onto the island. Surely to be part of a memory!

I used to live at the base of a mountain on the southwest side. It was a 1 mile ATV ride from the house. I used to love to ride up about 4AM, watch the sun rise, then ride home where I'd still have several minutes before the sun rose again. Two sunrises in one day!

While I doubt a person could hike up Cadillac and back down in the right direction or fast enough to do that, it still seems like a fun thing to do.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I just hit the jackpot. Found a daddy of all sites with gpx files for all NPS maintained trails within the park and also an ongoing project comparing topo maps from the 40s with current trail configurations. I thought this was awful cool and thought I would share. GPS Acadia. Does anyone know the individual who has been working on this?
    http://slimcache.blogspot.com
    SlimCache - My journey to become a healthier person through geocaching.

Wow - very cool. My son has my Dad's old tube of Maine topo maps from the 40s and 50s........they are very special. As I remember there are even so old penciled in notes on some of them.

Thanks for sharing that website too!