vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good Camping..

Well I took Zoltarus and Quoddy's advice about OceanWood Campground in Birch Harbor and made some reservations. It was a bit more expensive than the other ones but you can't put a price tag on "tranquility" I reserved early enough so I got a great site too.

I researched all the places/suggestions that were mentioned in this thread and it was hard to make a decision. They all seem nice. Thank you all for your input. I get overwhelmed when making decisions like this...

It looks like there are plenty of geocaches up that way so I'm sure I won't get bored.

I don't know about everybody else but I CAN"T WAIT till camping season starts!!!!
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

I hear you Foxgloves. I can not wait for spring to hit. I am looking forward to doing some backpacking.
    Blazing Troll

you will be glad you went to ocean woods....Mike Brunton (the owner) is a great guy, he keeps a real nice campground...very quiet, you will hear the waves rolling over the rocks all night.

have a great time!
    Cape Ann Carol

Default Camping season to start?

Hasn't it been going on all winter?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    Hasn't it been going on all winter?
    I don't recall it ending?? did i miss the memo?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

If you come downeast you should definately check out Cobscook Bay State Park. Most campsites are very private and right on the shore line. You can sit and watch the tide come in and out of the bay. It is very quiet and (if you get the right site) gives you the feeling that you are all alone in the wilderness. Showers, outhouses and water supplies are well maintained.

If you come downeast you should definately check out Cobscook Bay State Park. Most campsites are very private and right on the shore line. You can sit and watch the tide come in and out of the bay. It is very quiet and (if you get the right site) gives you the feeling that you are all alone in the wilderness. Showers, outhouses and water supplies are well maintained.
    I can second that. We stayed at Cobscook in both 2005 and 2006 and had a great time.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Not being a huge ocean fan(I know,I know) I like camping inland one of my favorite is Cathedral Pines on flagstaff Lake in Eustis. big sites,good fishing and nice views
    Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character

Default Camping up North

Gail and I do quite a bit of camping up north,,usually averaging about 12 or so weekends a summer. We especially like the Katahdin Iron works area and the Jo-mary area. These are not state parks, they are part of the North Maine Woods assoc. No Wi-Fi available, but plenty of wilderness campsites. These places are not really all that far from Katahdin, so day trips to the Golden road for Moose watching are feasible. Camping up closer to the Mountain, Horserace brook campsites are nice, and Prays Big Eddy campsites also. Hope you enjoy the camping up this way,,any questions feel free to contact us. "Dave and Gail" and Shamis

Quote Originally Posted by ten44ten32 View Post
    I agree . . . especially if you go before the "official" start of the Summer camping season . . . I took my brother there last June (maybe it was May) and we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves other than a couple of other campers.

This state campground and the one in Presque Isle are among my favorite state-run campgrounds . . . pulling off the Golden Road and camping at Little Omaha or Wheelbarrow Pitch however are my favorite sites for really getting away from it all.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."