vb:literal>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Good Camping..

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Jake, I think that's the first time you've referenced the northern trip without going on about the BBQ sauce...

and yes, the TreadLightly event will be some good camping, as well as the eustis event, so you'd better get your house done already!
    Sure . . . just when I finally forget about those great tasting ribs you have to remind me. I did think of them the other day though . . . picked my first two tomatoes from the garden and I was thinking . . . I wonder if I could make these into Hiram's Famous BBQ Sauce or if I need more. True story.

By the way, you guys want to go to Texas Roadhouse sometime this weekend maybe or are you going away? Heidi and I need to make a sheetrock run to the Home Depot (or Lowes).

And yes . . . I am working like a posessed banshee to get my house done enough to free up time for camping in September. I'll most likely be skipping out on a Club ATV ride this Saturday in fact since I value the geocaching Tread Lightly event so highly . . . I've got some sheetrock to put up and in, need to build a hearth, schedule the Chimney Guy to install a chimney and of course finish getting in my firewood. Of course one of my first things to do is get the woodstove off my trailer . . . that thing ways a ton . . . hey . . . since I need help moving it and you're my "Go To" Moving Guy Friend (so far you've got a chimney, old boiler and birdfeeder on your "moved" tally . . . and if you had shown up earlier on Saturday you would have been able to add "couch" to that list as well.) And yes, I am just kidding . . . well about having you help me move it . . . it really does way a lot.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

We go camping every year as part of the WACO Wranglers group. My most favorite place so has to be First Chain Lake. There is a camp site right next to a private sandy beach. There is a number there to call to reserve the spot. We used the out house that was a short distance up the road at a camp (no one was around). We kayaked, swam, & placed a cache! It's not far off of Rt. 9. Check it out! I'll bet you'll love it too!
    Mipster

Wink thread derailed

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Sure . . . just when I finally forget about those great tasting ribs you have to remind me. I did think of them the other day though . . . picked my first two tomatoes from the garden and I was thinking . . . I wonder if I could make these into Hiram's Famous BBQ Sauce or if I need more. True story.

By the way, you guys want to go to Texas Roadhouse sometime this weekend maybe or are you going away? Heidi and I need to make a sheetrock run to the Home Depot (or Lowes).

And yes . . . I am working like a posessed banshee to get my house done enough to free up time for camping in September. I'll most likely be skipping out on a Club ATV ride this Saturday in fact since I value the geocaching Tread Lightly event so highly . . . I've got some sheetrock to put up and in, need to build a hearth, schedule the Chimney Guy to install a chimney and of course finish getting in my firewood. Of course one of my first things to do is get the woodstove off my trailer . . . that thing ways a ton . . . hey . . . since I need help moving it and you're my "Go To" Moving Guy Friend (so far you've got a chimney, old boiler and birdfeeder on your "moved" tally . . . and if you had shown up earlier on Saturday you would have been able to add "couch" to that list as well.) And yes, I am just kidding . . . well about having you help me move it . . . it really does way a lot.
    We heard through the grapevine that you had even more occupations to attend to this weekend! Sorry we didn't get back to you about Texas Roadhouse, we went camping! We'll have to get together next time you come up; maybe the 23rd or that weekend anyway.
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods

Arrow Tread Lightly Event includes camping

Quote Originally Posted by mipster View Post
    We go camping every year as part of the WACO Wranglers group. My most favorite place so has to be First Chain Lake. There is a camp site right next to a private sandy beach. There is a number there to call to reserve the spot. We used the out house that was a short distance up the road at a camp (no one was around). We kayaked, swam, & placed a cache! It's not far off of Rt. 9. Check it out! I'll bet you'll love it too!
    Mipster
    Glad you'll at least make the Tread Lightly event, even though you can't camp. Can't wait!
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...1-398e780c09be
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods