vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help a Bug

Smile Help a Bug

When I was in Maine at Thanksgiving I left the Lone Star TB in the Payson Park cache. No one has moved it on yet. Would some kind Maine cacher go get it and move it to another cache so that it could move on to other states? It wants to visit all 50 states and has only been in Texas, New York, and Maine so far. I left it in Maine thinking that it could visit all of the New England states before moving on to other areas of the country. Thanks for any help you can give this bug that really likes warmer climates.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Hey Beachcomber, looks like you have a mssion to complete for Sabby.

Talking Will be happy to help!

You have a couple of choices.....

1. I plan to do some caching activities this weekend, so if it is still there, I could pick it up and move it to the Jetport Bug Hotel.
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...2-e6e69dd4f17a

2. I will be going to Bangor toward the end of January and will likely do the cache that is near the airport there - I could pick it up and move there at that time.
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...5-54c293ebd59f

What is your pleasure?

Thumbs up Lets fly away

I would appreciate it if you moved it to the Jetport TB Hotel. I think it has the best chance of moving on from there. Thank You

Thumbs up You betcha!

I'll add this to my list of stops for the weekend : )
    Now I will HAVE to go caching - yippeeeeee!!!

I think putting it in the Jetport cache would be a bad idea - who knows where it will end up.

Why don't you just move it along to another - more active - cache?

Question Hmmmmm

Not sure about that Bruce - Sabby wants to move the TB out-of-state so near the airport is good. It's an active TB cache, as is the Payson Park one (weekly visits). I'm happy to do whatever Sabby thinks is best - I just won't have much of a chance to move it out of Portland for awhile unless it is to an even more remote location which I don't think makes sense.

Sheesh! I see that this cache belongs to Beach Comber - and is in Portland! We were Christmas shopping in Portland today. I told RULOST2? that I should have brougth the PDA with us!!

Well, the owner wanted it get through the New England states before it went further. Airport caches/bug hotels always indicate to me the potential for a LONG move. People rarely are aware of the TB's goals.

Which should probably be the subject of another thread: If you're releasing a TB with specific goals, PUT IT IN A PLASTIC BAG WITH A PRINTOUT OF THE GOALS! I've come across several TB's whose goals didn't fit with my itinerary, so I've left them. But I've picked up some TB's which I'd have left if I'd been aware of the goals when I picked it up...

Arrow Mission Accomplished

Moved the TB on Sunday from Payson Park to the Jetport as requested. Hope this helps!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Which should probably be the subject of another thread: If you're releasing a TB with specific goals, PUT IT IN A PLASTIC BAG WITH A PRINTOUT OF THE GOALS! I've come across several TB's whose goals didn't fit with my itinerary, so I've left them. But I've picked up some TB's which I'd have left if I'd been aware of the goals when I picked it up...
    I have encountered the same issue and started doing something similar to this. Rather than putting it in a bag with a piece of paper, I put the TB name, owner, goal, etc. on a small piece of paper, laminate it, punch a whole in it, and then put it on the TB tag chain. I think this will help to ensure that it stays with the TB and also minimizes the bulk from the bag and the paper. On occasion, I have taken the liberty to do this for a TB that I pick up to help ensure that it meets it's specific goals.
    Last edited by Beach Comber; 12-29-2004 at 09:39 AM.

Smile Thanks for the help

Thank you Beach Comber for helping to move the Lone Star TB to a location where I think it has a better chance of moving on to another state. I was getting worried that it might spend the winter in Payson Park.