vb:literal>

Thread: Please Note.....

Hybrid View

Default Please Note.....

On Sunday the 4th of February, 2007, I was informed , by email, that a log on my recently published geocache, "Deliverys Out Back" had a request to Archive.
    After reading the post and checking the other logs on the caches web page, I was infromed that the Portsmouth Police department had confiscated the cache.
    Being the type of person I am, I quicky responed by making a STUPID post in the forums, and sounding like a ranting child.
    I was not aware, at that time, how serious my mistake was.
    I was wrong for that post and wrong in assuming that the Police department had blown everything out of proportion.
    I was wrong in assuming that I could place a cache where I did.
    Rules are rules and, as with EVERY GAME, there are rules. If you break the rules, you get penalized.
    I broke the rules, I got penalized.
    With experience comes knowledge.
    Live and learn.
    I have done several interviews and in each one I have expressed my regret for making the mistake I made. I simply didnt follow the rules!

I archived/disabeled all of my caches so that I could review them or archive them for good.
    The ones that I felt didnt follow the rules were then archived and I went to retrive them.
    My very first cache that I placed, "Bass Chaz #1 Cache" was missing.
    I went to the forums and found a thread that had pictures of where the cache was, and I assume that someone took it upon themselves to remove the container on their own.
    This is theft.
    This is also a game..
    I would like to have the log of this cache as a momento and reminder..
    Thank you to those who have sent me emails in support and thank you to all the others for a lesson I would have learned sooner or later.
    Last edited by Bass_Chaz; 02-11-2007 at 08:08 PM. Reason: update
    Doing What You Love is Freedom
    Loving What You do is Happiness!

Very well stated. Thanks for posting in GeocachingMaine.org.

Will make a good object lesson for other cachers.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Very well stated. Thanks for posting in GeocachingMaine.org.

Will make a good object lesson for other cachers.

Indeed ,as I have been following this since it all began. I commend you Bass-Chaz for taking the initiative and apologizing for your mistakes and we can surely learn a lot from this and hope that you have as well. I think any responsible cacher who reads about this will hopefully now take a better look at their own cache placements and be able to make better judgements as to where they place them. Thanks
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Nicely stated. Let's hope others can learn from this.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."