vb:literal>

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whats your story?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Gail View Post
    UMMM,,,Brad,,,,,Hello Brad,,,nice story, but it's missing something. (Hint,,,where does the Mainiac1957 come from) LOL,,,I know where the 1957 comes from, (unfortunately). What about the Mainiac??
    His therapist usually doesn't let him discuss that part of his past...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Talking Huh!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Gail View Post
    UMMM,,,Brad,,,,,Hello Brad,,,nice story, but it's missing something. (Hint,,,where does the Mainiac1957 come from) LOL,,,I know where the 1957 comes from, (unfortunately). What about the Mainiac??
    Watta ya mean Dave.....Look again
    Happy Trails!

My handle comes from the spelling of my last name and it's also a nickname I have had for many many years. I just shortenend it to Haffy. It's a long German name very similiar to Haffenreffer, that other German beer.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default Sorry!!!

Sorry Brad,, Thats what I get for speed reading,,,besides , My eyes are getting really old, maybe I just did'nt see it. I was born back in 57 also. Gail say's Hi,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun View Post
    Foxgloves are actually biennials,they are the original source of digitalis.Digitalis is poisonous and can be deadly even in small doses.You are small,but are you deadly.
    I did know that they are biennials but I didn't think that anyone else would know the difference... You guys are good. I'm impressed!
    Now I've been called a lot of things in my life but DEADLY?
    Ouch that hurts.....

Digitalis, A.K.A. digoxin(lanoxin) is used to treat cardiac dysrhythmias, most commonly Atrial Fib and Atrial Flutter. Although "dig-toxic" does happen as some of the folks afflicted are elderly and either forget they took their daily dose and double up because they think they remember that they forgot to take it he day before(say that 3 times fast). Then again, Warafin, better known as "decon" is also used as a blood thinner, a.k.a. coumadin.

So, Foxgloves, think of yourself as a lifesaver and not deadly [/quote] I like that better.... LoL
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

Quote Originally Posted by Foxgloves View Post
    TAT,

I'm so glad your middle name isn't Irwin....
    Then what would you have come up with?
    I am an engineer and engineers are often required to initial technical drawings. I was a little self conscious about my initials after I finished my first "official" drawing. I actually sat there for a few minutes, contemplating what the rest of my professional life was going to be like as "TAT". Then, it hit me; I am TAT!

And TATing is an almost lost art of creating beautiful handwork. Oh my - I may have said something that will be taken wrong on this site LOL - so lets just say lace like edgwork. Using a shuttle you fashion beautiful creations. So - TATing is a good thing and TAT is a great name. TAT you are appreciated - love caching, camping and sharing time with you and can't wait to do it again!
    Last edited by hollora; 02-19-2007 at 09:01 PM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    And TATing is an almost lost art of creating beautiful handwork.
    And you're my co-host!!!
    Last edited by attroll; 02-20-2007 at 02:31 AM.

I was lazy and just copied this from the old thread . . .

I've had many knicknames over the years ranging from Oliver in high school -- named after a dorky, klutzy guardian angel in an ABC After School TV special to Psycho in college (we won't go into why or how I got that name) and many folks know me as JJ, J, etc. but at work I'm pretty much known by the knickname I use here and at other forums -- FirefighterJake.

While you may or may not realize this in the City of Boston there is a tradition where every new firefighter is called a "Jake" while on their probation . . . true story. Unfortunately, the City of Bangor does not have such a tradition.

I picked up the moniker shortly after I was hired by Bangor back in 1995 when an Assistant Chief started calling me Jake. At first I thought he simply mixed up my real name. After several weeks had gone by and by now everyone was calling me Jake I asked him about the Boston FD connection to which he told me that he actually called me Jake since I reminded him of his pet bassett hound Jacob (aka Jake). I never thought of myself with particularly big ears -- short and fat, sure, but big ears? In any case a few weeks later he brought in Jake and another bassett hound which he introduced as Jake's girlfriend . . . and her name was (true story) Heidi which as some of you know happens to be my wife's name!

I don't really mind this knickname since it beats the first knickname a Dispatcher tried to pin on me -- Lt. Goober -- as well as a name that a Firefighter tried to give me -- Mittens. In addition it works well for dealing with children while doing public education.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    It's a long German name very similiar to Haffenreffer, that other German beer.
    Oh, oh! Now you've done it, Haffy! LOL!