vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TB's Gone MIA

I want to go there and rescue the bugs! Anyone up for a rescue?

Ok, I'm just kidding. Anyway, the cache is now archived. So sad when a graveyard is gone.

I was looking at the logs and noticed one thing all the bugs have in common:

They are from no where in particular! I bet someone is just entering random numbers and makeing false logs. If so, your bugs may still be in circulation.

I just checked our account, and of the 12 TB's we've released into "the wild", seven of them have gone missing. sheesh!

Don't give up on TB's in the winter time. Spring will come, snow will melt and fairweather cachers (like brdad) will get out and move those bugs again.
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

I got an email back from the owner of the cache mine was in, and he didn't take it.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I just checked our account, and of the 12 TB's we've released into "the wild", seven of them have gone missing. sheesh!

I had a geocoin go missing after being picked up by one person, that person logged the coin into another cache but the coin has never been seen since. I've got several cachers to email to narrow it down and out of those several there is only one cacher I haven't personally met. I hope I can get this coin back into circulation.

Don't Worry, be Happy!
    Last edited by Trezurs*-R-*Fun; 02-22-2007 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Adding link to coin

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    I want to go there and rescue the bugs! Anyone up for a rescue?
    Sounds like a job for the Rescue Rangers....

Is there is any recourse GC.com can take on this tbclean character? ...afterall this is ONLY a game but is there anything legally they can do to this person? I'm sure there are ways they can track him down from the email address he used on the site..
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”

I think the TB owner has more recourse than gc.com does - it is your TB, and theft is theft. Gc.com would have more ability to track them down, but I'd bet it's not worth their effort.

We had several caches here compromised by a group of older teenagers, fortunately they moved on after a while. It's unfortunate such things happen.

I always wondered if gc.com would have benefitted by requiring credit card verification (or some similar means) when people signed up - that would give a more defininate (but not foolproof) means of knowing who is connected to each account. I understand a number of people would not sign up if this was required, but would that be such a bad thing?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    .....I always wondered if gc.com would have benefitted by requiring credit card verification (or some similar means) when people signed up - that would give a more defininate (but not foolproof) means of knowing who is connected to each account. I understand a number of people would not sign up if this was required, but would that be such a bad thing?

If I had to give credit card info, I would not be a member nor consider it. Yes it would be a bad thing. All one has to do is look at the recent events of stolen credit card information, the most recent that comes to my mind is the Stop and Shop. Verification should not be based on a persons finances. When one applies for a passport, the US government doesn't ask for credit card info, why should anybody else require it to prove who you are?

Credit cards are a peeve of mine, I thought "loan sharking" was illegal, obviously unless your a credit card company.

Passing the soap box along....

Cache On!!!

P.S. We don't have Credit Cards we do have Bank Issued Debit card.

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun View Post
    If I had to give credit card info, I would not be a member nor consider it.
    See? Proof it'd keep out the riff raff!

There are other methods, even a 1 penny entry fee, payable by check, credit card, or some other verified method that would require some proof.
    When you get verified on paypal, they actually deposit a few cents into your checking account. Anyway, I expected a few replies against this idea, and it is understandable. No method is going to please everybody - lucky if any method would please a majority!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!