There are loads of things toxic to dogs and other pets. Chocolate is another biggie along with antifreeze. There are numerous plants such as lilies (cats too on this one), pointesettias, azaleas and more. Caffine, onions, garlic and more. Most things toxic to dogs are toxic to cats and sometimes more so. There are many references on the web.
When an animal becomes ill, from personal experience, I always look to exposures and intake. Remember toxins don't always need to be ingested such as chewed on or eatten like food. Heavy metals such as lead from toxic dust may be ingested by licking paws comtaminated with lead dust from renovation or refinishing projects. Also by drinking contaminated water.
Animals toxic levels are often lower levels of exposure than humans.
Pets are wonderful - keep them safe.
Last edited by hollora; 02-24-2007 at 07:44 PM.
thank you for the information. My GSD loves watermelon, any thing about that?
A tad of on-line research - here was what I found at
Originally Posted by mgraves
Toxins, Allergies and Your Pet
by Robert Jordan, MediPatch
Getting rid of toxins? Besides water, try getting your pet used to watermelon. Cut up the red and some of the white part, throw it in the blender along with the seeds. The melon, red, white part and seeds are good for pets and people and is a wonderful natural toxin cleanser.
Guess it sounds ok. Hope this helps.