vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RE: For better (according to my wife) or for worse (according to me) Spring is coming

Hybrid View

Default RE: For better (according to my wife) or for worse (according to me) Spring is coming

Yesterday I thought I was seeing things (kind of like Hiram thinking he saw me at the WWWWW event ) . . . but when I called my wife over she saw it too -- a robin pecking away on my front lawn where I had plowed the snow away. I guess Spring is right around the corner . . . which makes my wife happy, but it means my sledding days are numbered (thank goodness for geocaching!!!)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Not necessarily,last year I watched a robin all winter long.He or she was feeding on those red berries that you find in the bogs.The ones that are there for the birds to find in the spring on their return.One wonders if the robin surviving by eating the berries jepodized some other bird in the spring.All part of natures plan?

With the water dripping off my roof today Jake ,you are probably right that the snowmobiling is coming to a close,sadly so is the snowshoeing.With spring comes all the other things we enjoy including more geocaching.

Think Spring
    Think Spring
    Think Spring
    Think Spring
    Think Spring

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun View Post
    Think Spring
    Think Spring
    Think Spring
    Think Spring
    Think Spring

YES! i agree!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Think Spring
    Think Spring
    Think Spring
    Think Spring
    Think Spring

I think I saw you at the WWWWW event . . . did you make a cell phone call from your truck before heading off to work?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I think I saw you at the WWWWW event . . . did you make a cell phone call from your truck before heading off to work?
    It very well may have been me as I did make a call on my cell phone. I drive a Black Toyota Pickup covered in road salt and sand with the back full of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Yesterday I thought I was seeing things (kind of like Hiram thinking he saw me at the WWWWW event ) . . . but when I called my wife over she saw it too -- a robin pecking away on my front lawn where I had plowed the snow away. I guess Spring is right around the corner . .
    As the article in Friday's Morning Sentinel stated, "don't get your hopes up"! LOL!

Ive been seeing robins here for the past month or so. A flock of robins and cedar waxwings was behind the house at the mountain ash berries. The berries are gone now and so are most of the robins and waxwings, but there is still a few robins hanging around. I went the the store today and got some old apples, and I nailed them in halves to the fence. Hopefully the robins will eat them.

Think Spring
    Think Spring
    Think Spring
    Think Spring
    Think Spring

Quote Originally Posted by becket View Post
    YES! i agree!
    BAD THINKING!!! BAD! BAD! BAD!!! MOVE TO FLORIDA!!!!

Viva la winter!!!!
    MORE SNOW MORE SNOW!!!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    BAD THINKING!!! BAD! BAD! BAD!!! MOVE TO FLORIDA!!!!

Viva la winter!!!!
    MORE SNOW MORE SNOW!!!!

No,no, noooo,,,,you should move out toward Oswego, NY. I heard a rumor that they get a little snow every year.

Think Spring
    Think Spring
    Think Spring
    Think Spring
    Think Spring