vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hiram's Believe it or not... (GARMINS RULE!)

Default Hiram's Believe it or not... (GARMINS RULE!)

So to start the story off, I bought a new GPS (Garmin 76cs) a few weeks ago (The same day as the WWWWWWWWWW3 event) Well, it just so happens that the same day I lost my trusty old GPS72 (a sad day) Well, since I lost it we have had quite a bit of snow, The parking lot in front of my apartment has been plowed about 3 or 4 times now. And as I was coming home from the store today I saw a familiar chunk of plastic in the snow, so I chipped away at the ice and lo and behold there was my GPS!!! I was quite sad, how could my GPS that has been out in the elements for that long (and being plowed over and over again) still work!?!!? So I brought it inside, stuck it in the sink to rinse off the ice and frozen mud, and I pushed the power button....

I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EYES! IT STILL WORKED!!!! (I didn't even hafta put new batteries in it!!)

(I guess you could say the garmin is just like me! It takes a beating, it bears the scars, and it still works! (when the boss is around))
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

So maybe your next investment should be a new camera that takes good pictures that you can see.....
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    So maybe your next investment should be a new camera that takes good pictures that you can see.....
    That's a brand new camera! (I just haven't figured out how to use it yet) The old one got smooshed in my pocked when I went down the toboggan chute at the Nationals in Camden

Once you figure out the camera send your photos to Garmin and they will probably post it on their site. This is quite a testimonial.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Once you figure out the camera send your photos to Garmin and they will probably post it on their site. This is quite a testimonial.
    after all this unit has been through, i think it should end up in a frame (but it wouldn't do me any good in a frame)

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Maybe the picture was and is clear to Hiram but we don't all wear beer goggles. You do know that the 76cs is discontinued. You should have spent the money on a csx. I have both...
    Slowly but surely

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls View Post
    Maybe the picture was and is clear to Hiram but we don't all wear beer goggles. You do know that the 76cs is discontinued. You should have spent the money on a csx. I have both...
    Hiram must have gotten a deal on that 76cs, and probably plans to spend the savings on Guiness! LOL!

But do you have a source for those "beer goggles"? Can I get them on eBay?

Try this Bruce but you'll have to wait a while, they are currently out of stock. Must be a good seller....

http://www.buycostumes.com/productde...&link=datafeed
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

d’76 Guest

During the classroom portion of our Drivers ed class we put beer googles on the kids and have them walk around the classroom. It's quit a hoot watching them navigate the class.

The state has several pairs that you can use.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Hiram must have gotten a deal on that 76cs, and probably plans to spend the savings on Guiness! LOL!

But do you have a source for those "beer goggles"? Can I get them on eBay?

Yes I did get a deal on it, $200 off at an LL Bean clearance.
    And yes my alcohol consumption was affected by this purchase... (I couldn't buy beer for a week!)