vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cache Rescue Revisited

Default Cache Rescue Revisited

I was just wondering if we needed to revisit our cache rescue area of the website. I just happened to come along this article of MIGO's and thought that we could maybe do something on the same lines as they have. I am not sure if we have the numbers involved as they do but it could be something to look into once again.

http://mi-geocaching.org/modules.php...Rescue_Mission
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Thanks for the info, Haffy. I didn't know most of the stuff that this page offered. I think your right, we need to be aware of some of this stuff. There have been a couple of caches in Maine that I have 'backed away' from because of that type of thing. I don't fish in a couple places that I would like to try because of POISON IVY and I try not to place caches in such a spot. The only problem with that is you don't know till later in the summer if you did it.

The MIGO site is one that helped inspire me to do the cache rescue thing. Unfortunately, the state's cache saturation has gotten to a level where it is hard for me to keep tabs on alone. I do still get a PQ of all disabled caches and try to keep tabs on them, but it's tough, and not all caches that need help are disabled, and there are a few archived caches that need to be removed as well. Perhaps we have a few members who can help or take over?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

So maybe we need to compile a list of all the archived caches that do need to be removed if they are still there. The only one I know of was the Warden's Outhouse and it was still there after having been archived for well over a year.

How do you pull up a list of archived caches in your area?

I know that Trolley Line has been archived, but only because its in my list of found caches. The owner of that cache has not logged into GC.com for years, so its likely still sitting there. I am perfectly happy to go retrieve the cache rather than let it sit there and rot.
    Any day caching is a good day.

Maybe we should ask someone at MIGO how they keep tabs on Michigan caches.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyTogether
    How do you pull up a list of archived caches in your area?

I know that Trolley Line has been archived, but only because its in my list of found caches. The owner of that cache has not logged into GC.com for years, so its likely still sitting there. I am perfectly happy to go retrieve the cache rather than let it sit there and rot.
    Plus the fact that you have to walk the now active railroad tracks to get to it now so please be careful if you do attempt to retreive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    So maybe we need to compile a list of all the archived caches that do need to be removed if they are still there. The only one I know of was the Warden's Outhouse and it was still there after having been archived for well over a year.
    Rick and I found that just last week, we didn't know it was archived because we were just going off of the coords in his GPS (I dropped my laptop the morning before so we were technologically destitute in the realm of geocaching) if I had known it was archived I would have carried it out.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Just pulled 2 archived caches in my area that I though had been removed back in June when they were archived. Gob-ler was in our area and found one which brought the fact to light.

Although I had never found them when out, I went and found and removed - Magic Fingers and He Shoots I Score. Emailed the owner (has not responded). I did not take credit for either of these finds as I did not think that was fair where they were archived and I knew it.

Hi Haffy,

I retrieved Trolly Line Cache and sent email to owner in case she wanted the container,logbook etc. Also sent note to GPSFUN . So no concern on that one, taken care of. Got no reply from owner so think she is no longer caching.

YOP