vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should we allow YouTube videos?

Default Should we allow YouTube videos?

Here the question. Should we allow YouTube and Google videos like this in our message post?

Blazing Troll

I don't see why not. But I would suggest making it a "sponsor privilage" so that someone doesn't just sign up and start posting videos that may be inappropriate. (by having them linked through google wouldn't that increase the traffic to the site? one forum that I frequent had problems with people signing up and then posting inapropriate things, the moderators said that they were traceable back to sites like photobucket and google because of stuff that we had linked to. Don't know how much of it's true or not)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I think it's a great idea. I think Some restraint needs to be made as hiram said.

Possibly sponsor privilege, or maybe 3 or 6 months as a member, if that were possible.

I think they should be related to Geocaching. So, the paper airplane video would not fly (pun intended). Linking to a video off the site would still be allowed.

Possibly only being allowed in one category, too?

Either way, it's a nice idea.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I concur with both Hiram and Brdad . . . I actually watched that stupid airplane video for five minutes expecting something geocaching-related -- or at the very least hoping the paper-folding exercise would result in a F-117 looking paper plane, paper shiv or at long last I would learn how those girls in third grade made those mysterious prediction papers (you know the ones where you pick a number and then a color and so on and so forth and then all life's mysteries are revealed.) At the very least I was hoping the plane would go air-borne . . . and alas I was disappointed.

So anyways, yeah, make it a premier priviledge and suggest folks keep it geocaching related . . . I don't imagine we would have problems with folks posting videos of Hiram doing a naked macrena or anything like that so that shouldn't be a real issue.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I disagree, but then again I am just an older cat. If you see something on You Tube that you think might be of interest just include the pertinent info in the post and let the people go to You Tube to view it.

Keep this site strictly geocaching related.

My 2 cents.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    So anyways, yeah, make it a premier priviledge and suggest folks keep it geocaching related . . . I don't imagine we would have problems with folks posting videos of Hiram doing a naked macrena or anything like that so that shouldn't be a real issue.
    awww man... it's been like 4 years since that video surfaced on the internet and ya gotta go and bring it up again...

I do agree, geocaching related only videos would give a nice added touch to the site. (wether it's a goofy geo-hunt, or a how to, or clips from a cache event)

I think videos would be fun but you need to be concerned over security for the site. Read this article I found http://www.websense.com/securitylabs...hp?AlertID=689

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
    I disagree, but then again I am just an older cat. If you see something on You Tube that you think might be of interest just include the pertinent info in the post and let the people go to You Tube to view it.

Keep this site strictly geocaching related.

My 2 cents.

You know how much work that would take???? I would have to move my cursor all the to the other side of the monitor, then I would have to click (not once, but twice) just to view the video!!

I don't have a problem with having just a link, or having the video in the post. But it did just occur to me, what about people that dont have hi-speed internet, wouldn't that bog down their viewing of the site?

Hey just my opinion but I am on dial-up and it wouldn't matter to me but it takes me so long to download stuff like that,that I wouldn't use it anyway for the most part. It takes me over 2 plus hours to download a podcache to itunes from the other site. I think the majority of users now have either cable or DLS so I say go for it and just be careful thats all.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I have dial up and this does not bother me in the least. I may not press play unless I'm sure I want to see it. I doubt I'll ever be tempted to open either of the above, but if a good one comes out, I'll watch.