vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome ten44ten32

Default Welcome ten44ten32

Welcome to our new member "ten44ten32". I see he is a deputy sheriff, so now we have a bonafide "Cache Cop" on our side. Welcome to the game, and don't let the jokes about the magellans bother you. We use a Magellan also, and it finds caches just as well as the other brands. You'll find a lot of "Gaahmin" users around here, and some of them are pretty dedicated. LOL Happy caching,,,"Dave and Gail" and Shamis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Gail View Post
    Welcome to our new member "ten44ten32". I see he is a deputy sheriff, so now we have a bonafide "Cache Cop" on our side. Welcome to the game, and don't let the jokes about the magellans bother you. We use a Magellan also, and it finds caches just as well as the other brands. You'll find a lot of "Gaahmin" users around here, and some of them are pretty dedicated. LOL Happy caching,,,"Dave and Gail" and Shamis
    Ah a cop cacher!!.... umm my name is Dave...

at first i thought Firefighter jake was doing another puzzle cache, is your name reffering to a ment subject with a gun?

welcome to geocaching (don't trust what Dave says about Magellans, he has a dog that's trained to find caches)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Thanks for the welcome. I just learned about geocashing and thought it sounded neat. I bought a GPS and joined in. I have only had time to find 2 so far, but I'm hooked. I will be using this site as a resource as I still don't completely know what I am doing.

Yes: 10-44 = mental subject
    10-32 = person with a weapon
    Didn't you know we're all crazy

Quote Originally Posted by ten44ten32 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. I just learned about geocashing and thought it sounded neat. I bought a GPS and joined in. I have only had time to find 2 so far, but I'm hooked. I will be using this site as a resource as I still don't completely know what I am doing.

Yes: 10-44 = mental subject
    10-32 = person with a weapon
    Didn't you know we're all crazy
    Well if the truth be told most of us folks don't completely know what we're doing either . . . especially us Magellan users.

On a serious note . . . ask away if you have questions. We all started out and believe you me, we all had to learn as we went and we all had questions. I've told this many a time, but I can't tell you how I used to try lining up the latitude and longitude on the GPS instead of using the "go to" feature . . . I looked like some demented person taking two steps foward, three steps to the left, one step backwards, four more steps forward . . . and so on and so forth.

You've got at least one cacher in your area that has put out some good caches . . . unfortunately the last I knew one of my favorite multi-caches at the bridge and fort was OOS.

Incidentally, you don't happen to know Clyde Bernhardt do you? I realize this is probably a stupid question since it seems as though Clyde is known pretty much everywhere in Maine for some reason.

Incidentally, the cache Hiram is referring to is my Multi in a Mile . . . and a Half cache in Unity. It features a little bit of every type of cache (micro, regular sized, multi, puzzles, etc.)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I've told this many a time, but I can't tell you how I used to try lining up the latitude and longitude on the GPS instead of using the "go to" feature . . . I looked like some demented person taking two steps foward, three steps to the left, one step backwards, four more steps forward . . . and so on and so forth.
    I actually did brdad's "Battleship" cache this way, twostepping my way around Bangor!

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim View Post
    I actually did brdad's "Battleship" cache this way, twostepping my way around Bangor!
    See . . . I knew I wasn't the only one doing that when I started!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Yes I know who Clyde Bernhardt is, although I do not know him personaly. He used to drive school buses while I was in grade school. All the kids liked him and we thought that we were so funny calling him Mr. Heart Burn.

Quote Originally Posted by ten44ten32 View Post
    Yes I know who Clyde Bernhardt is, although I do not know him personaly. He used to drive school buses while I was in grade school. All the kids liked him and we thought that we were so funny calling him Mr. Heart Burn.
    I knew it . . . everyone knows Clyde . . . and I mean everyone!!! He's a heckuva nice guy -- met him when he was doing Fire Prevention activities for the Machias FD and a few months ago I ran into him at a bloodrive here in Bangor that he was volunteering at . . . he's just that sort of a guy who gives and gives.

Default Nope

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I knew it . . . everyone knows Clyde . . . and I mean everyone!!!
    Sorry - not a clue who he is
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber View Post
    Sorry - not a clue who he is
    OK, I stand corrected . . . everyone but Beach Comber.