vb:literal>

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: For those that use Palms...

Actually, MS made their money by letting 3rd parties make software. Of course, that's a double edged knife, and a topic for another thread - and forum, perhaps.

I think Palm relies on their resets to cure most ills. None of those listed worked, Hiram? Oh never mind, I guess it did. I don't think you need any defrag type apps for Palm.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Actually, MS made their money by letting 3rd parties make software. Of course, that's a double edged knife, and a topic for another thread - and forum, perhaps.

I think Palm relies on their resets to cure most ills. None of those listed worked, Hiram? Oh never mind, I guess it did. I don't think you need any defrag type apps for Palm.
    neither the regular or the soft reset worked when it went into the loop reset, I had to do the hard reset and erase everything. When I couldn't figure out how to get the hot sync program on my pc to not install everything again (even though there was nothing prompted for sync) I deleted everything on the pc to and just started over... That's a lot to do for one little problem (especially since I tried 3 times before I ended up deleting everything and starting over) But it all seems to be working ok now
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

So have you tried the FileZ program now and have it on the Palm or are you chicken still?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    So have you tried the FileZ program now and have it on the Palm or are you chicken still?
    after the 3 hours i spent last night getting my palm working again, then the 2hours i spent this morning redoing all the documents i lost for work... call me a lil scarred, I don't think I'll be attempting that file for a while... but on the positive side, i just got the bluetooth setup on my PC and I'm listening to the radio with my palm! (which is really nice because the walls of my apt are about 3ft thick and the only choice i have is between 98.5 and 107.9 with my clock radio)

Anyone know if there is an app for palms that is a diagnostic utility that would tell me if there are any problems with my palm or apps that I download to it?

Well after much much much working and trying and deleting and reinstalling and trying more I have come to this conclusion of Palm OS 5...
    IT HATES SOFTWARE!!! I found that most of my problems were from 3rd party programs (those not sold by palm) which was disapointing because I had to deleting my Instant Messengers... but I found a better program (it's like that triton program) that allows you to log onto your AIM, Yahoo, ICQ, ect... it's called Mundu IM ( https://messenger.mundu.com/ ) I've been trying out different utility programs for maintaining the palm, so far I haven't found anything promising. Most software made for the earlier Palm OSs causes system errors and crashes. (my yahoo and aim were for earlier OSs) after getting rid of this and a few other programs I have not had any problems yet. I'm going to run it for a few days with my current setup, then I'm going to try putting cachemate and some other programs back on.

P.S.
    Palm Tech support is worthless...