vb:literal>

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: For those that use Palms...

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    FFJ, have you ever played the Palm through a stereo? I'm wondering if that quality is halfway decent. Lee might like to get one before the end of the month, I have $40 off until then. Coming past Birch Street anytime in the future?
    I've never tried it . . . just name the time and place and I'd be happy to let you try it out.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

FFJ, have you ever played the Palm through a stereo? I'm wondering if that quality is halfway decent. Lee might like to get one before the end of the month, I have $40 off until then. Coming past Birch Street anytime in the future?
    Hey Dave, I just did an experiment for ya, I crawled behind my desk (almost got lost) and found the plug for my PC speakers, I made it out ok and plugged the speakers into the TX, and the quality is pretty darn good, sounds like it does as if I was playin the MP3 off the PC, there's little to no difference in the sound quality.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Well, that sounds promising! It doesn't need to be great, just good. Neither of us are audiophiles.

FFJ, we may takle you up on that offer anyway, if you don't mind. Lee can get a better idea if she likes something if she can see it in real use. I'll ask her about it tonight.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Well, that sounds promising! It doesn't need to be great, just good. Neither of us are audiophiles.

FFJ, we may takle you up on that offer anyway, if you don't mind. Lee can get a better idea if she likes something if she can see it in real use. I'll ask her about it tonight.
    I have a cousin with one of those iPod's and I can't tell the difference, I think they both sound pretty good.

Just let me know . . . I'm in town tomorrow and Friday and have nothing scheduled during the day except for running up for some lumber in Stillwater possibly tomorrow late-afternoon. I'd be happy to let you guys check it out.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default I use my Zire for an MP3 player

I've had my Zire 71 for several years now and use it for music often. I have plugged it into my Milwaukee job radio, used the ear buds, and now I have an input jack in my new geomobile. It sounds good on all account. It uses REAL jukebox software which is very simple to use. It's really no different than playing music through a computer or any MP3 player.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I've had my Zire 71 for several years now and use it for music often. I have plugged it into my Milwaukee job radio, used the ear buds, and now I have an input jack in my new geomobile. It sounds good on all account. It uses REAL jukebox software which is very simple to use. It's really no different than playing music through a computer or any MP3 player.
    does your zire have the bluetooth??

Unhappy Nope

My 71 doesn't. It's replacement, all though now also discontinued the 72 did have bluetooth. I have been looking to upgrade to the T/X but my 71 works well so I can't justify it right now. Just like I would like to upgrade to the MAP60 csx from my cs. Just can't do it at this time.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    My 71 doesn't. It's replacement, all though now also discontinued the 72 did have bluetooth. I have been looking to upgrade to the T/X but my 71 works well so I can't justify it right now. Just like I would like to upgrade to the MAP60 csx from my cs. Just can't do it at this time.
    Justify it??? why justify it??? that's like saying "well, it's 5oclock somewhere" I don't need an excuse to drink, so why need an excuse to spend lots of money???

Well, I have to thank FFJ for being gracious enough to stop by and show Lee and myself his T|X. I think it might sound better through my stereo than CDs do, and it looks like it'll do all we do now with out PDAs and more. Lee liked it so much she thinks she's going to get us each one - how do I rate?

As soon as we get situated, we'll probably offer her old one for sale here if anyone is interested. It may be outdated and have no WIFI, but would still work great for anyone wanting to go paperless. I don't remember what it is, might be a Zire.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."