vb:literal>

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: For those that use Palms...

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Well, I have to thank FFJ for being gracious enough to stop by and show Lee and myself his T|X. I think it might sound better through my stereo than CDs do, and it looks like it'll do all we do now with out PDAs and more. Lee liked it so much she thinks she's going to get us each one - how do I rate?

As soon as we get situated, we'll probably offer her old one for sale here if anyone is interested. It may be outdated and have no WIFI, but would still work great for anyone wanting to go paperless. I don't remember what it is, might be a Zire.
    I was there to bear witness Dave . . . she definitely said something about buying two of those Palms.

I only wish I had some of my Celtic tunes loaded up on it . . . somehow you two don't seem like Godsmack or Disturbed fans which is what I had playing until I switched to a more mellow REM tune . . . as I mentioned I loaded up those fast-paced songs for cruising on the sled . . . not for relaxing while making scrapbooks.

Thanks for the tour of the place incidentally . . . but remember if anyone asks I was there doing a fire inspection tour . . . you guys passed with flying colors by the way.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Well, I'm getting pretty good with this thing, I can play music, download files, play games, I'm even getting pretty skilled at writing the letters so that the palm can recognize what I'm writining and translate into text... But I hit a wall again... I can't figure out how to get the excel and text files from my palm back onto my pc. The hot sync is only letting me put files onto the unit... can anyone enlighten me???
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Well, I'm getting pretty good with this thing, I can play music, download files, play games, I'm even getting pretty skilled at writing the letters so that the palm can recognize what I'm writining and translate into text... But I hit a wall again... I can't figure out how to get the excel and text files from my palm back onto my pc. The hot sync is only letting me put files onto the unit... can anyone enlighten me???
    I saved the Word file I was working on the Palm that I had made changes to and then hotsynched it and opened up the file via the desktop icon/program. In setting up the Palm and documents to go you might have to tell the Palm where to send the files.

I gave up on using the graffitti program and instead use the "keyboard" -- I've gotten pretty quick typing out letters with the hunt-and-poke method -- OK, for short messages, but not so great for long detailed messages, notes to self, e-mails, BBS replies, etc.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

The one thing I still haven't quite figured out (and this worries me a bit) is how to save my back-up files when I hot synch . . . I've clicked on the desktop icon to back-up files, but there's nothing there . . . and now I'm only one crash away from having my entire lifetime's worth of lists that I have compiled on to this Palm from disappearing forever.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I saved the Word file I was working on the Palm that I had made changes to and then hotsynched it and opened up the file via the desktop icon/program. In setting up the Palm and documents to go you might have to tell the Palm where to send the files.

I gave up on using the graffitti program and instead use the "keyboard" -- I've gotten pretty quick typing out letters with the hunt-and-poke method -- OK, for short messages, but not so great for long detailed messages, notes to self, e-mails, BBS replies, etc.
    That's what I've been trying to do, but I can't figure out how to tell it to send files from palm to pc, all I can do is pc to palm. Are you using the Palm Desktop program that came with the TX?

That's what I've been trying to do, but I can't figure out how to tell it to send files from palm to pc, all I can do is pc to palm. Are you using the Palm Desktop program that came with the TX?
    Yes . . . have you gone into the Desktop Icon for the Palm and changed the settings so that the Palm and PC will over-write each other for document sharing?

Yes . . . have you gone into the Desktop Icon for the Palm and changed the settings so that the Palm and PC will over-write each other for document sharing?

AH HA!! Who needs an instruction manual...

AH HA!! Who needs an instruction manual...
    Just to clarify (before heading home . . . with a quick stop at the Unity House of Pizza for dinner) . . .

Open the Documents to Go file icon on your desktop and check to make sure your preferences are good . . . and that the exchange is sending your files where you want them to go and then make sure that the hotsynch is synchronized between the Palm and computer . . . does this make sense?

Just to clarify (before heading home . . . with a quick stop at the Unity House of Pizza for dinner) . . .

Open the Documents to Go file icon on your desktop and check to make sure your preferences are good . . . and that the exchange is sending your files where you want them to go and then make sure that the hotsynch is synchronized between the Palm and computer . . . does this make sense?
    It makes sense, but I'm not seein how to designate the folder of where the files will be sent to, so far it has just sent them to "my documents"

MMMM, Unity House of Pizza, good stuff