vb:literal>

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: For those that use Palms...

Default Update

Well, Lee did get two TX's - she's a good woman, eh?

We each had minor issues with each, Mine mostly because it's old and clunky, and hers because some of her software was too new - go figure. She was able to sync all the programs and data from her old Palm. Me.... not so much. Had to delete it all and start from scratch. But, other than cachemate and a list of people I never call, I didn't have much in there.

Thanks again for the looksee, FFJ, and by the way , we both like a broad range of music from Johnny Horton to ZZ Top. Godsmack .... well, we hear it coming from the kid's room. I think it's pretty good until they start singing ;-)
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Well, Lee did get two TX's - she's a good woman, eh?

We each had minor issues with each, Mine mostly because it's old and clunky, and hers because some of her software was too new - go figure. She was able to sync all the programs and data from her old Palm. Me.... not so much. Had to delete it all and start from scratch. But, other than cachemate and a list of people I never call, I didn't have much in there.

Thanks again for the looksee, FFJ, and by the way , we both like a broad range of music from Johnny Horton to ZZ Top. Godsmack .... well, we hear it coming from the kid's room. I think it's pretty good until they start singing ;-)
    I was having transfer issues too (I think mostly user error though) But I upgraded from the basic software to the premium software (it was about $30) and it seems much more user freindly and i can use all of my excel spreadsheets on it (before the upgrade they either werent coming through or the formatting was all goofed up) I aslo upgraded the Ptunes (which I don't notice much difference but is still neato)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default Any essential software?

I remembered I had a few good programs on my old PDA, so I added them to the new one, and thought others might want to know about them too.

Tide Tool - This app will give you the tide times for nearly any city at any given time. Great for those low/high tide only caches!

Unit Converter Pro - This app can convert between any measurements you could ever think of. You may want this on my next cache when you have to convert maxwell/centimeter2 to teslas. With the Window's version (Shareware), you can export a palm version which only has the categories and units you want to use, or even create your own.

Best of all - both of these apps are freeware!

I also installed WiFileLT, which is on the Palm CD, so I could access my network shares from the palm. Works nicely!

Does anyone else have any software of use to others?
    Last edited by brdad; 03-18-2007 at 09:16 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post

Does anyone else have any software of use to others?
    Well, I kinda like the Bejeweled game!

You and Lee and your games!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

I have a great freeware utility on my Palm called FileZ and lets you know everything that you have on your Palm and your memory card and gives you the opportunity to delete any of them as well. http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/filez.shtml
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    I have a great freeware utility on my Palm called FileZ and lets you know everything that you have on your Palm and your memory card and gives you the opportunity to delete any of them as well. http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/filez.shtml
    Now that sounds like a useful program! It's been driving me nuts not knowing what i can delete, I'm so used to using my computer (call me old school, I just never got into icons and desktops, and that goes all the way back to the days of winfile.exe, and back to dos 2.0 with access )

Just wonderin if anyone else that has a TX has experienced this problem before... So there I was, downloadin, updating, loggin, havin all sorts of fun with my TX.. all the sudden outta nowhere, IT LOCKED UP!!! so I thought, well no big deal, I pushed the power button and nothing... I had a little panic but managed to keep my cool, and pushed the handy reset button on the back of the unit... (this is where the fun began...) It reset, the palm os screen popped up (and I was relieved for a moment) then it popped up again, and again, and again, it wouldn't stop restarting. So using my caveman intuition I smacked it on the desk a couple times, nothin happend... it wouldn't quit restarting! So I did the hard restart, (as described in the palm help files online) and that fixed the problem, then I ran the hot sync and had to restart the unit, and now it's doing it again!!!!!

You didn't get crazy with that FileZ program and move/delete something did you?

Here's Palm's page on resets
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...,case=obj(887)

I've also been checking out the Brighthand Forums, might get some answers there.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Just wonderin if anyone else that has a TX has experienced this problem before...
    hiram, my palm did the same thing! it is an older palm - m130 model (hey, it was free!) so maybe it's just worn out. the first time the palm did it, i did the reset when i got home, then all i had was just a light gray screen. i bought a new battery and after that taking me forever to change, i went back out caching and the palm did the very same thing again. i did the reset thing again, but most of the times i have used it since, it has gone crazy again. i am looking forward to getting a new one. (i think maybe i dropped the palm one too many times.)
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"