vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Atlanta, Georgia

Well, based on that...

There are many in Portland, but among those that I'd consider of special interest to someone from away:

Liberty Ships at Bug Light (GC512E) by C5B (2/1)
    The Fort Williams Cache (GC128) by Richard Amirault (adopted by kayakerinme) (1/1.5)
    We don't need no education (GC2A46) by khali1 (adopted by TeamHorwich) (2.5/1.5)

And working my way up the coast..

What in the World Cache? (GC6D43) by Ghosthunter (1/1)
    Thorne Head Challenge (GCGZHC) by Ye Olde Prospector (3/3)
    Shell Game (GCG6Y2) by IntotheWoods (1.5/1.5)
    Beech Hill Cache (GCJD3Z) by luvweather (1.5/2.5)
    Patty's Mount Battie (GCC0E) by Patty-G / CCC / JF (1.5/2)
    Gravity Outlaw (GC9488) by quietbert (1.5/1.5)
    Summer Rental (GCWV11) by ImKukie (1/1)
    The Narrows (GCZW5X) by parmachenee (2/2.5)

That's gets you up to Bucksport, I'll see what I can come up for the rest later.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I'll be in Hartsfield 3 times in the next 2 weeks!

Have fun in Maine!

Default My favorites

Morse Mountain GC5441 The best view of Casco Bay you can get. It's in Phippsburg not far from Portland, about 40 miles or so. And there are plenty of great caches in the area.

Scenic Sorrento GC83B1 A virtual in Sorrento, Maine. Downeast. A look from across Frenchman's Bay to Cadillac Mountain. And you have to visit ..

Cadillac Mountain Cache GC85F4 This is where the sun shines first on the continental United States. Be sure to get there before sunrise.

I was just in Atlanta enjoying the fine weather, two weeks ago. I hope you can enjoy our's in the same way. Maine " the way caching should be "
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default Bucksport up the coast

After Bucksport, if you want a diversion, head south to Deer Isle. I'm not going to name any particular cache, it's just a great area and any one is worth a stop. There are about 10, maybe more caches on the island.

After that comes Mount Desert Island/Acadia national Park. You really should make the stop here - again, all worthy areas, but if I had to limit it to 4, they would be
    Cadillac Mountain Cache (GC85F4) by IWCOTTON (1/1)
    Watch your step... (GC98BA) by Fusto (3/3)
    Bass Harbor Light (GC869C) by IWCOTTON (1/1)
    The path less traveled (GCGN5W) by parmachenee (2/3)

Continuing up the coast...

Tidal Falls Sullivan Earthcache (GCQ7YK) by parmachenee (1/1)
    Roque Rocks (GC274C) by RubiconJW (1/2)
    Quoddy Quandry (GC8A65) by k1br (1.5/1.5)
    Nash's Lake Dam (GCK56W) by Aefuss (2/3)

That gets you near the Eastern Maine/Canadian border. There are many caches between that are at places of value, but the ones I listed are unique to Maine IMO.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    Morse Mountain GC5441 The best view of Casco Bay you can get. It's in Phippsburg not far from Portland, about 40 miles or so. And there are plenty of great caches in the area.
    Morse Mountian is great. And one of Maine's longer cache walks, about 1 mile IIRC. And if you continue on the extra distance (another 3/4 mile maybe?), the beach at the end is fantastic. I'd like to get back there with Lee sometime on a nice day, it was fairly foggy the day I went.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Default Morse Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Morse Mountian is great. And one of Maine's longer cache walks, about 1 mile IIRC. And if you continue on the extra distance (another 3/4 mile maybe?), the beach at the end is fantastic. I'd like to get back there with Lee sometime on a nice day, it was fairly foggy the day I went.
    To each his own I guess. This was out least favorite cache but It may have been the point of access we used.
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country