vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Some Rookie Questions

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Sure he says this now, but I seem to recall following a certain person who shall remain nameless (let's just say his name rhymes with "Baron") who led us astray more than a few times with his legendary Garmin on a Tread Lightly event . . . and if memory serves me correctly this same person was pretty quick to call a certain Magellan user up when he couldn't find the Behind the School cache. That said, some of my best friends are Garmin abusers, I mean users.
    Hey now, that was the Delorme unit that was leading us astray, and we found that cache before you even showed up. I mean... uhh, that's what that "Baron" guy said...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Hey now, that was the Delorme unit that was leading us astray, and we found that cache before you even showed up. I mean... uhh, that's what that "Baron" guy said...
    Sure, sure . . . blame it on the Delorme.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default Magellan user

Pay no attention to those Gahmin users ten44ten32. We have a magellan explorist 300, and it has not failed us yet. When we cache with friends that use Gahmins, our coords are just as accurate as theirs, and sometimes even more accurate. Yeah,,our map may not be in color, but I can see the trees are green without looking at my gps. Most of the aircraft I work on use Gahmin navigation equipment, and other than flying into the side of a mountain or landing at the wrong airport, they work just fine,,, .

"Don't listen to him new guy, sometimes he thinks he's John Wayne..." (name that movie in 10 seconds or less!)

Dave really doesn't use a Magellan, he has a dog trained to find the caches.

Just to add my two cents...asking ? on this forum is similar to asking ? of the contestants on "are you smarter then a fifth grader".Last nights ?...What country lies beyond our nothern border?....Sorry Jeff but I think I'm going to need help with this one......Dah...could it possibly be Canada ?

Actually everyone in this group is fantastic,and very helpful....Just wear tall boots.
    Last edited by vicbiker; 03-16-2007 at 09:07 AM. Reason: spelling

Default Nope that's not it

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Just to add my two cents...asking ? on this forum is similar to asking ? of the contestants on "are you smarter then a fifth grader".Last nights ?...What country lies beyond our nothern border?....Sorry Jeff but I think I'm going to need help with this one......Dah...could it possibly be Canada ?

Actually everyone in this group is fantastic,and very helpful....Just wear tall boots.
    Can you give us another hint Vic?
    Happy Trails!

geeeze Brad, dontya know??? it's Canexico!!!! it's right next to Texas, the guy that started the Texaco gas stations is from that area.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post

HOLY COW!! There is another grade after the fourth? Wish someone had told me. And everyone knows that the country to our north is Aroostook.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Gail View Post
    Pay no attention to those Gahmin users ten44ten32. We have a magellan explorist 300, and it has not failed us yet. When we cache with friends that use Gahmins,
    I've suggested this before, but I think a great idea for a geocaching event would be a shoot-out between the Garmins and the Magellans. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    I've suggested this before, but I think a great idea for a geocaching event would be a shoot-out between the Garmins and the Magellans. LOL!
    We would have to arrange for the EMTs and Police (and probably fire dept) to be on location for the event.