vb:literal>

Thread: Need help in posting links and photos

Default Need help in posting links and photos

I know some of you in here are very computer literate and some are not as I fall into the later category. It would be nice if someone could post in the links section maybe or even in here a tutorial on how to post photos on this website and even how to post links and such. I have tried with the help of Brdad and Attroll and Beachcomber on a couple of occasions to do both of these things with minimal success. Would anyone in here be willing to come up with some simple explanations to doing these and other tutorials on how to do these simple things? Thanks , Haffy Maybe posting on this website for dummies would be a good category to call it. LOL

If ATTROLL would open op the "Tools" section, that would be a good place to put it. I'd offer help on adding links, but I hate to do it here because it would soon get lost in the forum "graveyeard"

But since it IS the Christmas season, and I forgot to send you a card, here is how to post a link:

1. From the MAIN SCREEN (you can't add when you're in the forums, in other words), click on "links" on the menu bar at the top of the page. This will bring you to the links page.

2. Click on the category you want to add a link in. This takes you to the page for that category.

3. Click on "links" at the left of the screen - just below the "forum jump" block. This will give you 3 options: Links Home, Up a level (takes you back to the links main page), and ADD A LINK.

4. Clicking on "add a link" will take you to the entry screen.

5. Repeat as required.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    If ATTROLL would open op the "Tools" section, that would be a good place to put it. I'd offer help on adding links, but I hate to do it here because it would soon get lost in the forum "graveyeard"
    Bruce what do you mean by opening the tools section. I just made you a Moderator if that is what you meant?
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Bruce what do you mean by opening the tools section. I just made you a Moderator if that is what you meant?
    No - that's not what I meant (What does moderator mean???).

The top/center link above is "About Geocaching Maine/Tools". Clicking on that will bring you to the "Tools" section, which currently contains two items: Geocaching rating system (GOOD INFO!) and Clearing your Cookies. This Tools section would be a good place for things that we'd want to refer to occasionally, like how to post pictures or links, and a link to the GeocachingMaine banner (which I now use as the signature on my email).

I assumer that more can be added to the Tools section, right?

Yes I can add anything to the Tools section or the navagation bar. If there is some good information or helpful things that anyone would like to see added there, then write it up and send it my way and we can see about adding it.
    Blazing Troll

I put this together real quick to explain how to post images in a message. I hope it is useful.

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/index...e=postinimages
    Blazing Troll

That is an excellent tutorial Rick,well done. Now can you explain the other way to post images from your hardrive by using the paperclip?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    That is an excellent tutorial Rick,well done. Now can you explain the other way to post images from your hardrive by using the paperclip?
    If you would like me to I can. But keep in mind that they will be attachments and the picture can not be in the message. I have included a sample.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GM-member.gif 
Views:	1365 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	112  
    Blazing Troll