Setting up Geocaching Maine chat on Trillian
1. Go to the Trillian website by clicking the link above.
2. Click the Download button
3. Click the Download Now button on the next page.
4. Save the file to a place you will remember, like the desktop.
5. Open and install Trillian, entering any information when asked.
6. Click Launch
7. Click Trillian Basic
8. Type your Geocaching name in the nickname box and choose an icon to use, and then click the Next button.
9. Select which chat programs you will be using Trillian for. For these instructions I am only covering IRC chat. Click the Next button.
10. On the "Thank you for choosing Trillian" screen, click OK. Trillian should start up in a small window.
11. Click Trillian .... Connections ... Manage my Connections.
12. Click the Add a new connection button, then click IRC.
13. In the top box, type Slashnet.
In the next box, type irc.slashnet.org::6667 (two colons)
In the next box, type you Geocaching name.
In the next box, type your real name.
The last box is left blank
Check the option box labeled Automatically connect to this account at startup.
14. Click the Change button.
Check the Perform Buffer checkbox
Type /join #geocachingmaine in the Perform Buffer text box.
Click the Save Settings Button.
15. Click the close button on the preferences screen.
16. Exit out of Trillian and restart it. It should connect, and after a few seconds, a window should open up with the geocachingmaine chat! Mine opened up tiny, if yours does as well, it will have to be resized.
17. Resize as desired and chat away!
DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!
"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."
Great! I can't wait to get home and try it.
Has Trillian fixed the Yahoo issue yet?
I was using & LOVED trillian for a few years but right around the same time of the Yahoo Email upgrade either Trillian updates their program of Yahoo did something & I could no longer access my Yahoo through the Trillian Chat.
Has anyone else had this issue? I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling it without any luck.
I recently added Digsby as an alternative because it includes Facebook & MySpace as well as all the other IM's (Yahoo, MSA, AIM) but I have only been using it for 2 days so I can't really say too much about it other than on my Dialup - It takes for ever to initially load but once its loaded up, I kinda dig it & haven't had any issues - Granted it's only been two days.
Has there been a regular chat happening with Trillian users?
Any idea on how to fix my Yahoo issue with that chat client?
I have no problem accessing Yahoo with Trillian. I am using Trillian 3.1 Pro.