vb:literal>

Thread: GC.com

d’76 Guest

Default GC.com

Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble with gc.com lately? I have noticed that over the last couple of weeks that the the site is running so slow that I have actually quit going to it to surf unless absolutley neccessary. I find it very flustrating. I am trying to be understanding but it is getting very difficult as a paying member to go the site and not be able to use it. I understand that this is the geocaching season for many, I am starting to think that they have just way out grown there ability to keep up and soon it will start to affect the game. If it ment the site would run better I would pay more as a member but right now I have a hard time paying for a service that I am not getting. For three days now I have tried to access my account on the site and it is about 50/50 on my success.

d’76 Guest

So finally it worked. After the page timed out after a few times I got in.

Things they said to speed up acces to the site. Dont use it on the weekend. Seems as though they have a bitter sweet success. Grew to big and now cant afford to keep up. See it here, if you can get there.

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=4

I had the same trouble yesterday. I was delayed in Atlanta airport and had to pay $1 a minute to download caches (ouch!).

Geocaching.com has had growing pains as long as I can remember. You can't really fault them for it when more and more caches are being published and new cachers are joining exponentially. When it stared, they were nothing more then a computer in a basement. I remembet the site being shut down for a hours even days at a time. The forums crashed once for nearly a week IIRC. Often this happened right after Christmas, and you can always see a jump in server usage on the weekends.

Now they have multiple web and database servers, and seperate servers for PQs, Mail, Maps, and Images.

I'm sure if you sent gc.com a big check, they might be able to catch up for another 6 or 8 months.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."