vb:literal>

Thread: New Topic heading

Default New Topic heading

Like we have on the home page where it says New posts and it gives the number for the day. Why couldn't we have another category for new links posted? I know a lot of people don't go to the links section and this might be another way for users to go to other sections of the website and look around. I know that I posted another new link yesterday and there have been a couple of new ones posted this past week. What do you say Rick can we have another column for new links posted? Just a suggestion.

YES! Great idea, Haffy!

There is software that is written for this. I have it on my other web site. I am using a different links software package on this site because it is free. My other web site is self supportive with over 4,500 users I don’t have to put a dime into it because I get donations and monthly sponsors. I can not say that about this web site. The software that I am using on my other web site is $35. I am very tight for money right now and can not afford to put much into this web site money wise. I am piggy back this site on my other web site and providing the space that we need for free. Everything I have added to it now is free or written by me.

The only downfall to switch to the other software is that I would have to remove the links section we have now and reinstall the new one. This is not a big problem actually. It is quite easy. We would lose all the links that we have in it now and have to manually add them one at a time. If we were to do it this would be the time to do it since our links section does not have a lot of links in it now. The price for this software is $35. The links section is far better in my opinion. It looks more like a forum and adding a link is more user friendly. If anyone is interested in looking at this links section on my other web site you can see it at:
    http://www.whiteblaze.net/links/
    Blazing Troll

Yeah, we've discussed this before, Rick.

That's the trouble with trying to maintain a website based on the largess of one or two members - and with no additional source of income to provide upgrades or improvements.

But I won't mention "An Association", no, no, no, I won't.

Perhaps we could pass the hat at future caching events? Raffle off one or two of the better donations we're able to wheedle out of Demorme or Garmin?

Wink Great idea!

You are wicked smaht!!

Maybe we can talk about this Association thing at the Winslow Winter Weekend Wingding. I am hoping to make this get together. But with snowmobile season on us it will be very hard to miss a weekend of snowmobiling. Not to change the subject of this thread but I never said we should not have a Association. I just said we should not limit it to a area. It should include the whole state of Maine. Once it get bigger then maybe we could split it into sub groups. But to start out maybe it could include the whole state.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Maybe we can talk about this Association thing at the Winslow Winter Weekend Wingding. I am hoping to make this get together. But with snowmobile season on us it will be very hard to miss a weekend of snowmobiling. Not to change the subject of this thread but I never said we should not have a Association. I just said we should not limit it to a area. It should include the whole state of Maine. Once it get bigger then maybe we could split it into sub groups. But to start out maybe it could include the whole state.
    Hmmm... I'm not a snowmobiler, but you'd think that the interconencting trails would go from Litchfield to Winslow...