vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night Caching Event in NH

Talking Night Caching Event in NH

kayakerinme and I headed to New Hampshire yesterday to attend the event, in memeory of LandRocket. Caching during the day with Foxgloves, we grabbed a few caches, one of which took us to Castle in the Clouds, which was a great place to view Lake Winnepasaukee. The Falls below were just gorgeous and well worth the long hike. But the real story was the nighttime activities. There were probally 50 or so at the dinner for the 6:30 buffet and stories to be shared of Ron. Chris his son was there and alot of familiar names that called Ron a friend. 8:00 pm and the race was on for the REAL festivities. Night caching LandRocket style. 8 new caches to be found, from micros to " fire tack " walks in the woods. The 3 of us started out and quickly picked up a NH cacher Jim who was pleased to tag along. Foxgloves had the first FTF and I had the 2nd. Then it was time to do Jim's 1.25 mile walk in the woods. We found the parking spot and headed into the woods, now there were 6 of us. Following the sparkling " fire tacks" ( with LED flashlights they are barely visible ). Still the walk under a clear and almost full moon was magical. You almost knew Ron was watching us from above. We found the cache and had to have a code to unlock the ammo can. Luckily we had done things right, (remember we had the cache owner with us) and logged the cache around 11:00pm, I think. Time now to head back east towards Maine. Picking up a few more caches before leaving NH, the last logged find was 12:02am April 1st. Home for me was just after 2am. A very long day, a milestone cache, and a ton of stories. Thanks Foxgloves and kayakerinme, for going along for the ride. I will remember this event and the night caching " LandRocket style " for a very long time. I wonder if Jim's wife will believe the stories he is telling her?
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Wow, sounds like you guys had a great time. We ended up heading to Massachusetts for some caching and some laughs at the Rainforest Cafe. Glad to hear things went well and that you had fun! Did you lose your pda?

Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun!

sounds like a great time,wish I could have been there.
    Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character

Default No!

Quote Originally Posted by Cache Maine View Post
    Wow, sounds like you guys had a great time. We ended up heading to Massachusetts for some caching and some laughs at the Rainforest Cafe. Glad to hear things went well and that you had fun! Did you lose your pda?
    No it never left the truck. But I did lose the Team Tahoe for awhile. All white it blends in with the snow.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

It's going to take a lot of duck tape, gold ribbon and a huge beaner to put a leash on the Tahoe LOL....how much yellow paint will we need? Just kidding...sounded like you all had a great time.

I know, I know - pay backs hurt.....

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    No it never left the truck. But I did lose the Team Tahoe for awhile. All white it blends in with the snow.
    Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    It's going to take a lot of duck tape, gold ribbon and a huge beaner to put a leash on the Tahoe LOL....how much yellow paint will we need?
    Yellow paint on the Tahoe??? No way. That's why he takes me - so I can find the way back to the truck

Sounds like a good plan to me - yellow is a horrid color for a vehicle anyway - just kidding - honest!

Thumbs up Someday

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Sounds like a good plan to me - yellow is a horrid color for a vehicle anyway - just kidding - honest!

My H2 will be yellow!

Default You just lost a navigator!

I will not drive in a H2.