vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Geocaching on Bill Green's Maine

Hybrid View

Default Geocaching on Bill Green's Maine

Did anyone else see Bill Green's Maine today?

The show started as a plug for Delorme's new handheld GPS. They showed how it could be used to find a Geocache! The cache they found was Bradbury East by Team Trout (2/2)

Congrats Team Trout!! I hope you don't change now that you're famous!

I seen it!!!

Just went to the website at WCSH and Bill Greems' Maine and didn't see any mention of the article. Is there a way to get the video maybe? Would surely like to be able to view it.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default I saw it!

I saw it. I was impressed by the GPS they were plugging. It looked like it would be a lot more simple than a laptop and 1000 plug ins. Then again, I'm happy with my cheap garmin and a PDA.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    Congrats Team Trout!! I hope you don't change now that you're famous!
    Don't worry, we won't forget all of the little people who got us where we are today.

But seriously, thanks to Team Teebow for alerting me of this thread. And a huge thanks to Team Richards to making us aware of the news item AND even recording it for us so we could see it! Thanks guys!

I thought it was funny how they showed the GPSr tracking to Bradbury by Weeman Sleuths (GC6917), then they read the clue for our cache and showed them actually at the hiding location of our cache.

Just goes to prove that you can't believe everything you see on TV!

Anybody own one of these DeLorme GPSrs? Are they any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Trout View Post
    You'd have to ask Parmacheenee as they are the only ones that I know who has one. Initially they had a lot of trouble with them and had to send a couple of them back to Delorme for new ones and haven't heard if they have had any luck with the newest ones as of yet.

And a huge thanks to Team Richards to making us aware of the news item AND even recording it for us so we could see it! Thanks guys!
    Is there a way to maybe post the video on here so others could possibly view it as well? Maybe WAV file or something?

Don't worry, we won't forget all of the little people who got us where we are today.

But seriously, thanks to Team Teebow for alerting me of this thread. And a huge thanks to Team Richards to making us aware of the news item AND even recording it for us so we could see it! Thanks guys!

I thought it was funny how they showed the GPSr tracking to Bradbury by Weeman Sleuths (GC6917), then they read the clue for our cache and showed them actually at the hiding location of our cache.

Just goes to prove that you can't believe everything you see on TV!

Check out the thread: http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...ead.php?t=2212 or the forums at: http://forum.delorme.com/viewforum.p...849fd17bf4c9c2

There have been some problems but Delorme has been very receptive to suggestions and complaints so are planning an update sometime in April that will rectify these issues.

I have had a little experience with Bill Green. If we are going to do this and he said next Tuesday then some one better jump on it otherwise we will probably never get another chance again.

From my experiences with Bill is that he picks and choses when and what he wants to cover and if you can not fit into his schedule then you will never get another chance until his schedule opens again and who knows when that will be.

So I hope someone can jump on this for us. I am sorry to say that I can not do it. So please someone step forward. A board member would be AWESOME.
    Blazing Troll

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I have had a little experience with Bill Green. If we are going to do this and he said next Tuesday then some one better jump on it otherwise we will probably never get another chance again.

From my experiences with Bill is that he picks and choses when and what he wants to cover and if you can not fit into his schedule then you will never get another chance until his schedule opens again and who knows when that will be.

So I hope someone can jump on this for us. I am sorry to say that I can not do it. So please someone step forward. A board member would be AWESOME.
    I can do it!! I don't have classes on Tuesdays! and I know a lot of you work...I've been on TV before, mostly for Unity College. 'Less there's a more experienced cacher who wants the glory....
    "Given a chance, a child will bring the confusion of the world to the woods, wash it in the creek, turn it over to see what lives on the unseen side of that confusion." --Richard Louv, Last Child in the Woods