vb:literal>

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Slipping into Summer III question

Okay, we are very sad. Like Fuddsgirls said that date is right in the middle of the Girl Scout camporee that we are involved in. All of Team Teebow won't be able to make that date.

Any chance of changing the date to the weekend after the 16th?? the 23rd?? Just asking..........................

Team Teebow 2
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Default Yikes!!

Who's going to carve the pig? And what about the Sunday kayak?
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    I know. That was the first thing I thought of team teebow posted that they could not make it. We have had it this weekend for the past three years.

They must have changed the Girl Scout camporee because you were able to attend it last year.

I will have to talk it over with Donna some more.

We also have picked a trip for the kayak event this year. We want to do the Cobbosseecontee Stream trip. This will required us to spot some vehicles at the ending point. We need to do this trip before the water levels drop because there will be shallow spots and the rapids will not be as much fun. Donna and I have done this before and it is a really nice paddle and the rapids are very, very easy.

It is listed in the Delorme Gazetteer. Here is the description for it.

Cobbosseecontee Stream - Map 12, C-4 Cobbosseecontee Lake outlet to Rtes 126 and 9. 8 mi.
    Stream meanders through several small ponds: class I-II rapids. Portage one dam: shallow spots at low water.
    Blazing Troll

Default Date change

I wouldn't matter to me if you pushed it up a week if it meant more people able to attend. That would allow Hollora, Fudds girls and Team Teebow to name a few. Up to you anyways. Everyone can't always attend every event.
    Happy Trails!

The week before would actually be more convenient for us, as well, due to the original date coinciding with dance recital (Jen's, not mine ) and I would have to make an early departure Sunday. But, either way is still fine.

Tink and I are talking about a week earlier but our only concerns about that is that the weather may be cooler.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Tink and I are talking about a week earlier but our only concerns about that is that the weather may be cooler.
    No worries . . . haven't you heard we're in a state of global warming . . . coming to Litchfield soon -- flamingos and palm trees.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt View Post
    Yah, we cried when we realized the SUnday Kayaking might be out for us too.

The Girl Scouts haven't had a camporee in about 2 or 3 years. We wanted a May camporee but some of the committee members are "afraid" of the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    No worries . . . haven't you heard we're in a state of global warming . . . coming to Litchfield soon -- flamingos and palm trees.
    When????? Where???? I am sooooooo there!!!! Pina Colada anyone?

Rik - Choose a date that works for you and Tink. There is absolutely no way you can pick a date and expect it to work for everyone. We will miss the fun that's for sure.

Team Teebow 2 (Cheryl)
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    OH NO!! NOT ANOTHER FLAMINGO!!!!!!!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post

This thread has quieted down...
    Are you still plannng on having it? and sometime in June? I am trying to make it to Maine once a month and planning around such events. I would love to attend this one...
    "It may be that your soul purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others" ~Steven Wright~
    I'm in my own little Lat/Lon

“Danse avec les Arbres”