vb:literal>

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Slipping into Summer III question

The reason we are thinking of doing a pig roast again is because with a pig there is not a lot of standing around over the open grill cooking all day. You do not have to be a slave to the grill. With a pig you start it real early in the morning and don't have do anything until it is done. It is like one of those info commercials. You set it and forget it. I know Donna and I do not want to be slaving over a grill all day. we also do not want to have a bring your own (although anyone can) or a pot luck because that we we will not have to worry about others brining enough food and who is going to bring what.

We can fine tune all this as we get closer. I also wanted to make the announcement so no one else would plan an event for the 16th of June as we do it this weekend every year. So now we need to hope for the same type of weather we had last year.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    Having missed last years event, I was hoping you would decide to do one this year. Camping sounds good to me also, if it's a option. The pig roast isn't necessary, lobsters and clams would be find.

You're a genius vic!!! you bring the lobsters, and i'll bring the napkins!!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

I plan to be there--can't say if the rest of the team will be or not (since I plan on camping, likely not). Looking forward to it!

Default count me in!

This is planning far ahead for me, but it was at the Slipping into Summer event that I met so many people who soon became my friends. It's hard to believe that is a couple of years ago.

That is the weekend of the Cancer Fund Raiser in Ellsworth (Chaired I believe by Maine's EMSDanel). May try to work in a way to do both. Has sounded like fun in the past and was on my to do list for this year.

Default Can't wait!

I'll be there no matter what day, time, weather, pig or no pig, camping or no camping. It's where I had my best geocaching find. Looking forward to the kayak trip on Sunday, wherever we end up.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

We enjoyed the event last year and are going to try to return this year.

We never know if we can make events or not, but we'll do our darndest. The pig was geat, but it'd be fun either way!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

We had a great time last year and hope to make it this year. Moxie had a great time meeting some 4 legged friends

Would definitely plan to attend. The pig is a great idea, but either was is fine. I would hate to think you feel obligated to slave at a grill - I certainly wouldn't expect you (or others) to do that. Having people bring a dish or dessert seemed to work last year - there was lots of food. You are generous to offer your place again. It truly is a perfect place to hold such a gathering - a beautiful spot.
    ~ Beach Comber ~