vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's time for a groundhog hunt!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    I want to get a set of tracks for the jeep, then I'll follow you...

or i could at least get a horn that plays music and sell snowcones from the roof of the jeep... anyone want a lemon one?

Some clubs actually add tracks to Jeeps like yours to use as a groomer . . . in fact I believe Fairfield uses one or two Jeeps in this fashion. Here in Unity we're just poor, simple folk so we convert older Ford Rangers into groomers.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Some clubs actually add tracks to Jeeps like yours to use as a groomer . . . in fact I believe Fairfield uses one or two Jeeps in this fashion. Here in Unity we're just poor, simple folk so we convert older Ford Rangers into groomers.
    How does that work? do they take the wheels off of the ranger and drag it behind the sleds????
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    How does that work? do they take the wheels off of the ranger and drag it behind the sleds????
    I assume you're being funny, but just in case you're not . . . the wheels are taken off and a rigging attached to where the wheel was mounted. The rigging then uses a traditional snowmobile track so that the vehicle (Ranger and Jeep alike) can drive over the snow. They actually work quite well.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I assume you're being funny, but just in case you're not . . . the wheels are taken off and a rigging attached to where the wheel was mounted. The rigging then uses a traditional snowmobile track so that the vehicle (Ranger and Jeep alike) can drive over the snow. They actually work quite well.
    (I know I've seen their setups before, but I was making a joke geared more towards just dragging the ranger much like farmers will drag old box spring mattresses behind the tractor to rake out the rocks)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

The groundhog may soon want to go into the witness protection program. Snow yesterday...snowing here now. Very hard on a new cacher. Heavey rain SUPPOSED to be coming Monday. Snow vs. Mud: I guess for now I'll take the mud.